• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Advice Needed | Gold Guineas

1817Karl

Hi all. I'm looking to build my knowledge on Gold Guineas. I've had a few but would like to study them more with a view to building a collection. Any advice on publications, books or online resources would be appreciated. Many thanks Karl

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

Hi Karl

I have “1000 Gold Guineas” ad per the below link where I think you can still buy it.

The photos are B and W, and it covers more than Guineas but it’s not bad.  Equally it is not Marsh!

I tried to find other books and there may have been another earlier book published on Guineas (A gent at my local Auction house thinks there was one published in the 1920s or 1930’s) but I could not track it down.   

Best

Dicker

https://www.galata.co.uk/a-thousand-guineas-plus-a-checklist-of-imitation-guineas-and-their-fractions

Not my circus, not my monkeys

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/09/2020 at 17:28, dicker said:

Hi Karl

I have “1000 Gold Guineas” ad per the below link where I think you can still buy it.

The photos are B and W, and it covers more than Guineas but it’s not bad.  Equally it is not Marsh!

I tried to find other books and there may have been another earlier book published on Guineas (A gent at my local Auction house thinks there was one published in the 1920s or 1930’s) but I could not track it down.   

Best

Dicker

https://www.galata.co.uk/a-thousand-guineas-plus-a-checklist-of-imitation-guineas-and-their-fractions

@dicker. Many thanks and sorry for the late reply (not receiving notifications!) Worth buying do you think? I was also recommended "Milled Coinage of England” that was published circa 1950, I think Spink publication.

It is ok, but quite dated by today’s standards.  What makes the difference in today’s books is the photography.  

Worth getting as a reference, if you can get at a good price. 

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

2 minutes ago, dicker said:

It is ok, but quite dated by today’s standards.  What makes the difference in today’s books is the photography.  

Worth getting as a reference, if you can get at a good price. 

Best

Dicker

ordered from your link, couldn't find it available anywhere else. Hopefully they will have in stock as payment taken. 

Archived