• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

"Sorry, you missed out on this item" or "Congratulations, you dodged a bullet on this one" 😂 more fake Morgans being bought

Peacemaker

This 1888s with a mintage of 657,000 has been bought by some poor soul, I have messaged the seller and hopefully issues a refund immediately, if the buyer cant tell it's a fake from these images the likelihood of them realising it is fake when it arrives is slim to none, my advice, research research research, bargains are out there, but research is key.

Screenshot_20200812-110706_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200812-110709_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200812-110640_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200812-110704_eBay.jpg

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

22 minutes ago, Peacemaker said:

my advice, research research research, bargains are out there, but research is key.

This is 100% it. Ebay can be a good place to get items but you really need to know what you're looking at. I spotted a fake 1oz "gold" maple on there a week or so ago. It was clearly the low detailed Chinese copy. The seller proclaimed that it was xrf tested, absolutely 100% genuine. It was an auction that ended at £570 with 9 bids. I reported the item before it ended but of course nothing came of it. Looking at the sellers other items they sold several other "gold" coins for between £400 - £1400 - I hope they weren't all tested on the same XRF machine!

Here's a link to the clear fake I'm talking about:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1oz-Gold-Maple-Leaf-Coin-Genuine-/274436116836?hash=item3fe5aad164%3Ag%3AXQEAAOSwhC9fGYt6&nma=true&si=y0sck9wrWgT20ReKDKHTkkk25gU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I'm a big proponent of people taking responsibility for their own actions - something lacking in todays society - so I have little sympathy for those who don't put the effort in to researching what they're buying. Equally though I do wish ebay would do something when items get reported.

Archived