• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Lower VAT on silver

silenceissilver

Germany will reduce it's normal VAT rate from 19 to 15 and the reduced VAT rate from 7 to 5% from the first of July til the 31st of December.

You have to pay the higher rate for silver, unless the silver was imported from outside the EU or from endcustomers. In this case the VAT is applicable for the (difference between buying and selling)/1,19

No guarantee that I haven't overlooked something or I made no mistake but as far as I know that's all you need to know about VAT on silver in Germany.

Not a huge difference and still not competitive to Estonia but given the high shipping rates from the European Mint (still the best price for big orders), it might be worth it for smaller orders. The groups orders will probably still be cheaper generally speaking but it also depends on what exactly you want to buy and when.

Archived