• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

buying silver in new york

dobox

Bullion Trading Ltd is located near to Time Square. I have used them a couple of times and they have a bullion counter open to the public. Range is limited and is part new stock via mint supply and part second hand buying and selling over the counter

On a price variation between the US and Europe I think the America the Beautiful 5 oz bullion coins should be a good buy. But if you do go down this route you will need to be aware that although a bullion release they have become more a semi numismatic collectable. Thus you will need do some homework in respect of mintage numbers as they do vary considerably and subsequently prices are not the same across the two dozen or so issues that have been released to date

Hi arthgoch

I v been looking at some A.T.B coins not keen on the 2015 but i like the 2014 everglades with a mintage limit of

(30.000 or 34.000 ) for 120 to 150 dollars  i also like the 2011 clacier   mintage (126.700)  also at 120 to 150 dollas.

as this well be my first purchase of silver coins i would be intrested to know what other coins bu or rounds you  think are good

Regards

dobox

If you are hoping to keep within your gift allowance(s) you are unlikely to buy many ounces.

I usually buy ASEs whilst in the USA but know what you can buy in the UK from STG etc before you dive in to see if it is worth the effort.

I too will be in New York later this year so welcome any feedback on your return.

what is the allowance of PM's?

There are a number of posts on this matter and in respect of what you are legally allowed to bring into the country as a personal import. Similarly a number of persons on the forum have posted their experiences of 'walking through' with silver above the allowable limits. Thus I think everyone can make an informed decision and proceed acordingly

In respect of leaving from the US it is just as important to understand the regulations involving the exportation of money. The regulations seem to be opaque and open to interpretation, but the base line is that there is no regulations stating a ceiling on the value of money (coinage) that can be exported. However the relevant government agency maintain that if you have $10,000 or more in currency or negotiable monetary instruments, you must fill out a "Report of International Transportation of Currency and Monetary Instruments"(Form CEN-105)

As I said this seems open to interpretation, not least is denominated coinage to be valued at the face value or the intrinsic value as per the purchase price and/or the spot value of the precious metal. On one trip I was stopped by security who questioned my " monetary value" and with a Mr Jobs worth maintaining that the CEN Form would need to be completed. As luck would have it, I had my APMEX invoices and which indicated a value just below the ceiling. Although I believe the interpretation by the officer was wrong, I don't think anyone wants to go through the hassle of sorting this out after the items have been seized and you being on the other side of the atlantic. On subsequent visits I have asked about the need for the CEN form to be completed and have recieved mixed messages.

http://www.fincen.gov/forms/files/fin105_cmir.pdf

or rounds you  think are good

Regards

dobox

If you want a nice collection I think the Provident Metals 'Labours Of Hercules' might be something to consider and which is a 12 coins series on short one month releases and thus circa 6k-8k of each coin have been produced. The Zombuck is also a Provident Metals series but with the release for each coin being at least into the mid 30k

If you are looking for bulk, the new Provident Metals 'Prospector' is a good quality round with a very detailed and crisp design

Rounds by Heidi Wastweet who cut her teeth with SBSS etal are collectable and she has recently launched her own Latin series that seems to be doing well.

For bulk standard cheap as chips rounds APMEX is as good as any and usually filters through to US dealers with little inflation and are thus cost competitive. Similarly OPM are as cheap as you will find if a little industrial in their design.

Also to buy these in the US you do have a significant cost saving over buying via Europe and simply due to the tax variation between legal tender coins and silver rounds

Most of all just enjoy collecting these and dont become delusional that silver stacking is going to make you a fortune LOL!

Archived