• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Perth Mint Dragon & Series 3 and done?

DonQuijones

Hi, this has probably been addressed before but.. can anyone confirm the dragon & (phoenix/tiger/2xdragon) unofficial series is finito?

Looking at the niue celestial animals, that's what I was expecting from the perth one initially, but seems like not so. Anybody know?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2020 at 01:42, DonQuijones said:

Hi, this has probably been addressed before but.. can anyone confirm the dragon & (phoenix/tiger/2xdragon) unofficial series is finito?

Looking at the niue celestial animals, that's what I was expecting from the perth one initially, but seems like not so. Anybody know?

Cheers

Not sure. They appear to have sold quite well. They even moved into 10 oz versions. I still expect them to finish the series with the Black Tortoise.

I myself bought 4 of the Celestial Green Dragon of the Niue series. I wanted to have the first of the series to sell later on. There apparently were quality problems and even call backs I heard.

33 minutes ago, DonQuijones said:

what was the initial sale price for the green dragon. going for about GBP 27 in gs.be - missed this one but thinking of getting tiger but your comments about quality making me think again.

Initial sales price for Dragon was about €25-26. I believe it was in September 2019.

Quality issues were only mentioned on the Dragon. I think they learned their lessons for the Tiger release. Quality issues were scuff marks, mainly on the queen's face. Slightly on the dragon's body. Those two areas rubbing on each other in the tube I assume. My pictures below show what I mean.

2019 Celestial green dragon front.jpg

2019 Celestial green dragon.jpg

BTW, the Green Dragon is selling at APMEX in the US at about $60. 😵

https://www.apmex.com/product/188084/2019-niue-1-oz-silver-2-celestial-animals-the-green-dragon

GS.be has 88 in stock at €30,68 atm.

10K is quite a low mintage for a BU coin and the recalls might have decreased available supply even more. Despite the scuffs on mine I still expect them to carry a nice premium for the right buyer (collector of the series). I actually bought 5, but have sold one on forum already. The guy was aware of the quality issues and didn't mind them.

If you are going to buy the entire series, it might still be worth trying to find a good deal on the Green Dragon eventhough you might get one with scuffmarks on them.

1 minute ago, DonQuijones said:

Might be a silly question, but I can't seem to find the amount in stock figure in gs?

Missed out on the sumatran tiger because of this the other day smh!

They don't mention it. You can deduct via trial and error by adding more into you basket until you get the error message.

5 minutes ago, DonQuijones said:

ahaaa. the things you learn cheers!

If you want. I can sell you one of mine. At least you'll be able to see/choose the severity of the scuffs.

I can sell them for €30/coin, incl delivery and capsule.

FYI, even though they are low mintage they are not delivered in capsule, hence the scuff marks of course due too them having been in tubes.

Archived