• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Delays

Serendipity

Something is very wrong at the Royal Mint. For example this is my experience with the bullion division.

1. I signed up to open an account.  I was told it would be open same day. LIE

2. A few days later I called them. They said it would be open within 5 working days. LIE

3. After the period expired I emailed them to ask what was happening.  I was told it would be one more week. LIE

4. Now about a month has passed and the account is not open. So I purchased from Baird and co who were great for me (heard on here some have had problems). 

Anyway I have the gold and silver I wanted at a cheaper price by not using the Royal Mint. 

It is very worrying when the official mint has no ability to provide gold or silver to its citizens.  Perhaps they are holding on to it as best they can for tricky times to come? 

11 hours ago, GoldenPhil said:

Perhaps they are holding on to it as best they can for tricky times to come? 

I don't think they would need to lie to achieve this. They don't have to sell anything to you or anyone else if they don't want to. People seem to forget the incredible strain businesses are under right now. 

37 minutes ago, Melon said:

I don't think they would need to lie to achieve this. They don't have to sell anything to you or anyone else if they don't want to. People seem to forget the incredible strain businesses are under right now. 

All they have to do is tell the truth. "Sorry but due to covid19 we are not opening any new accounts at the moment" 

32 minutes ago, GoldenPhil said:

All they have to do is tell the truth. "Sorry but due to covid19 we are not opening any new accounts at the moment" 

This is on the assumption they know that. You're communicating with a customer service rep, not the CEO, and decisions likely change regularly. I'm just suggesting you consider the other perspective, the world has changed rapidly over the past month and everybody is struggling to adjust. I can see no benefit in them seeking to lie to you just to deliberately not make a sale, ergo I doubt it was deliberate. 

Just my 2 cents. I may be wrong. 

1 hour ago, GoldenPhil said:

It’s not just them. I tried putting a punt on the USA elections in November. Registered on an app (I shall name no names) with a well known British company - not possible. Whole thing on the blink. I guess it’s for the best really. 

Archived