• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Stupid Buys

New to the game and at first I just wanted metal to hold because of the craziesness thats going on with our worlds money right now. 

Now 24hrs later here I am finding so many cool coins I just want, like this one:

https://www.perthmint.com/catalogue/voyage-of-discovery-endeavour-1770-2020-2oz-silver-coin-his-.aspx

My deal is, whats my exit on the cool coins, is there a safe one?

Do I just need to shut that side of my brain off and focus on price per ounce ?

Like say I buy a bunch of coins I think are cool and are obviouslly way over spot by 2-5x. IF I am lucky enough to sell one on Ebay for more than I paid. Who's to say the guy will claim I sent him a regular dime instead of this awesome silver coin? Then Im screwed right?

I know there is a place to buy and sell here, but just wondering if y'all have good luck on selling coins you fell OUT of love with?

I already bought some metal and they are supposidly on the way from some bigger outlets and I plan on holding onto that.

Should my next move be buying some bullion vault and have it stored in Switz?

Is there a sticky somewhere of new cool coins folks wanna get to flip or keep?

Thanks for this forum I have already learned a lot!

Welcome aboard TSF  - best place to be, for knowledge , advice and fun in the PM world

before I get into some of your in depth questions - polite suggestion first, that you introduce yourself over here buddy!

- - - -  >> >    https://thesilverforum.com/forum/10-welcome-new-members/

NOW Then !

this by a fellow member is a good starting point to answer some of your (no offence) newbie questions - to HELP you OUT!

Then Just ask further questions of fellow members from there 👍

So, as a new member too I will try to help you. 

you will find on this forum (as o did) all the information about different Exit strategies. Your exit strategy should help you with what to buy. 

As example Some « cool » collectors stuff will sell at 3-4 time premiums than standard bullion’s premium. BUT it will take MUCH more time to sell for the best price. It really depends on the question, how would you exit and what do you enjoy. 

For me this stacking helps two of my extreme sides. 
1/ I need to spend money. (As someone said here before me, this way I get to spend money, while I am actually saving) 

2/ I am a collector bug 

so while other collectors pieces where even harder to sell after I decided to stop them... Here you are always backed by there metal value. 

you would be able to sell true this forum, true eBay but also to local dealers who are also paying a certain premium over spot for collectors pieces. 

hope this somehow helps. 

Archived