• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Thoughts about Royal Mint Signature Range?

10 minutes ago, C60 said:

I only dealt with HMRC once - and I’ll never do it again! Funnily enough, my mum knows exactly how to deal with them; she even knows the tax system better than they do, so she gets them to refund her money back! 😂

Does your mum want a job?

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Does your mum want a job?

Unfortunately she has decided to make my dad’s life a misery with making him do DIY stuff around the house as her full time job now 😂

If I buy from the Royal Mint, will I be charged VAT? I'm in the USA, thus the question. I seem to recall when I've traveled in Europe I could request a VAT refund for purchased goods I was taking back to the US (in this case, silver).

Answered my own question (see below). NOW I need to find out if I get taxed on the import! 

From the Royal Mint page:

Will I be charged VAT on orders outside of the European Union?

For orders dispatched to countries outside of the EU, VAT will not be charged. These packages may however be assessed for import or customs fees, depending on the laws of the particular countries.

All invoices regarding products, services, storage or delivery from The Royal Mint will be subject to VAT where appropriate, and VAT charges will be clearly shown where applicable.

Archived