• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2018 rose gold half eagles

RacerCool

Does anyone have one of these coins? I've only seen pictures of them, but I'd like to know if they actually have a nice reddish tint. In the pics they look nice.

Also, have any other rose gold coins been minted? I've only found plated coins, not actual gold coins.

18ce_a.jpg

prod-18_5GOLDBCAPF70-2018-_5-gold-breast-cancer-awareness-pf70-reverse-650x650.jpg.jpg

29 minutes ago, RacerCool said:

Does anyone have one of these coins? I've only seen pictures of them, but I'd like to know if they actually have a nice reddish tint. In the pics they look nice.

Also, have any other rose gold coins been minted? I've only found plated coins, not actual gold coins.

Numistacker made a video about this coin.

One of the best places to check what a coin actually looks like is APMEX’s website which shows actual photographs of coins rather than artistic or colorised representations. Yes, solid gold versions of the Breast Cancer Awareness commemorative coins have been minted by the US Mint with a beautiful rose-gold finish. They are the US Mint’s first ever rose-gold coins.

The coin’s rose-gold finish is created by the make-up of the coin which consists of 85% gold, 14.8% copper, and the balance in zinc. One of the reasons the US Mint chose rose-gold could be the popularity of the Royal Mint’s rose-gold sovereigns as well as breast cancer’s pink ribbon symbol. There’s nothing new or innovative about rose-gold, the ancient Egyptians were experimenting with it thousands of years ago.

https://www.apmex.com/search?q=Breast+cancer+awareness&x=21&y=16

I did more searching and found the Tudor rose gold sovereign from 1989. But couldn't find a good picture of one outside of a case. My search-fu must be worse than normal, since I couldn't find any other rose gold sovereigns. Though I've noticed in other threads that some newer sovs tend to have a rose tint to them. But are they actually a different alloy than other sovs?

Why am I interested? Because it's something different, and why not spice things up a bit?

I also found the 2 ounce gold Barbie coin from Perth, which also has pink diamonds in it. Not quite my speed but an impressive coin, anyway. 

0-02-2019--Barbie-60th-Anniversary-2oz-Rose-Gold-Proof-Coin-OnEdge-HighRes.jpg

0-03-2019--Barbie-60th-Anniversary-2oz-Rose-Gold-Proof-Coin-Obverse-HighRes.jpg

Archived