• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying silver with Bitcoin

Tireau

Hey guys,

Has anyone here ever purchased silver or any other PM using Bitcoin(s)?

Are there people in here that have used Bitcoin at all?

I have been wondering to start to use bitcoin for some of my online purchases instead of things like paypal, just have no idea what the experiences are.

Would any of you make a purchase like this from a person?

Regards,

Hi.

If you do a search for Bitcoin on the forum, you'll see there are a number of people interested in crypto currencies.

Some silver trades have a BTC equivalent payment too.

There are a few companies that accept payment for PM's in BTC, one being :-

http://www.bitgild.com

I have heard good reports about the site above.

Personally, I have about 10 different cryptos but not huge amounts, I think my entire portfolio is about £250.

You got to be in it to win it though [emoji1]

Stacker since 2013

• 3 months later...

It won't let me read that FT article. But here is the story elsewhere..

http://www.wallstreethedge.com/major-bitcoin-exchange-bitstamp-hacked-usd-5-mn-virtual-currency-stolen/21341/

Now I don't want to say "I told you so", but I did suggest that it was not as secure as many thought it was, and I did say there would be teams of hackers out there trying to "beat the system"

This may be just the tip of the iceberg and could be the nail in the coffin for crypto-currencies.

I just hope no-one here loses too much money if it does go all pear shaped. :(

Archived