• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Brexit and selling

smilingsocks

I am not sure they will have to take a loss.

Lets say for argument sake that it happens tomorrow.

A week later the new queens beast coin is released and the design looks great.  The cheapest the coin can be purchased in the UK is with the 20% VAT.

Will people still purchase it?  Yes.  Why?  Because people purchase it from UK dealers now with the 20%.

Forward a year into the future.  Someone wants to purchase the Queens beast that released a year ago.  You honest think that UK people will be able to buy it for less than when it was released, from a seller willing to take a loss.  Doubt it myself.  Why?  It's near impossible to get hold of older coins like lunar series one, queens beast lion for anywhere near price they were released at.

Only a guess.

Here is an interesting thought. As dealers give about spot price for silver, is anything but the very cheapest bullion, silver or gold a collector item?

Silver Perth mint lunar, panda, dragon and tiger? All collector coins? I think so.

I would go as far as saying nearly all new coins are collector coins. This includes gold coins too. Gold queens beast has a premium above britannia so I would argue that is a collector coin too.

As far as I aware it's best to sell collector coins privately rather than to a dealer. Which means the more collector coins I purchase the more of a headache to sell, unless spot has risen crazy amounts and I am happy selling for a low premium. If I planned to do that then it was a bit silly of me buying collector coins.

I do love collector coins.

Archived