• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Wanted queens beasts proof gold or silver

Skelator88

Hello,

First post here 

im wanting to acquire the following 

1/4 gold proof lion and unicorn and close to retail prices if possible, I can aim higher price with a trade.

im also after 5oz and 10oz silver proof versions 

im also after the graded PF70 versions 

I recently bought the below and would like it's bigger and smaller brothers

thanks

IMG_1935.JPG

I don't have any for sale, but some of the purple label PF70 beasts you are after are still for sale at retail prices from Modern Coin Mart (MCM).  They still have the PF70 5 oz Unicorn, and the PF70 10 oz Lion.  I don't believe they've sold the 10 oz Unicorn yet, as there were delays from the mint....I ordered one from the Royal Mint in June, and finally got it in late September.  

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/2017-great-britain-5-oz-silver-queens-beasts-unicorn-of-scotland-proof-10-coin-ngc-pf70-uc-early-releases-exclusive-queens-beasts-label.html

You're welcome, and I agree with your strategy. I'm guessing if you watch listings patiently you'll be able to pick them up for less, or maybe someone on the forum has some to sell. However keep in mind that the unicorn has in some cases much lower mintages than the lion. For example, the 5 oz lion proof was a max mintage of 2,500 (with an NGC PF70 population of 445) and the 5 oz unicorn was 750 (NGC PF70 population of 240).  

8 hours ago, Lr103 said:

You're welcome, and I agree with your strategy. I'm guessing if you watch listings patiently you'll be able to pick them up for less, or maybe someone on the forum has some to sell. However keep in mind that the unicorn has in some cases much lower mintages than the lion. For example, the 5 oz lion proof was a max mintage of 2,500 (with an NGC PF70 population of 445) and the 5 oz unicorn was 750 (NGC PF70 population of 240).  

Thank you for pointing out that information on specifics quantities I wasn't aware of that. Is there a link to this information ? I'm a big collector of silver proof 50ps so to venture into the unknown is quite exciting!!

You're welcome!  The Royal Mint website has the mintages, but they are nicely summarized on the pages below. The NGC populations for the silver 5 and 10 oz is the third link, but you might need to register....you can view the populations with the free memebership level.

http://agaunews.com/queens-beasts-lion-coins-now-in-proof-finish/

http://agaunews.com/queens-beasts-proof-unicorn-of-scotland-launches/

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/great-britain-decimal-1968-to-date/sc-350/s10pnd/

Archived