• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

proof coins questions

darrol

Where is the best place to buy  proof coins -  full gold  sovereigns and gold Britannias  1/4 oz?  I would like to know if I get proof coins or sets   from bullionbypost do they come unmarked ?   I would  like to know how much a marked proof coins is devalued  ?

This is all covered in great detail on existing threads.

If you buy a proof coin from BBP, it will be unmarked.  The same cannot be said for HGM or Atkinsons.

If a proof coin is badly marked, it becomes worth only its weight in gold or silver.  NCS can bring some proofs back from the brink, albeit this shouldn't be a major factor in purchasing a damaged coin.

Are you looking for any coins in particular?  The members of this forum likely have the best coins at the best prices, and generally we see a wider selection than at most dealers here.

1 hour ago, darrol said:

Where is the best place to buy  proof coins -  full gold  sovereigns and gold Britannias  1/4 oz?  I would like to know if I get proof coins or sets   from bullionbypost do they come unmarked ?   I would  like to know how much a marked proof coins is devalued  ?

I once bought an expensive proof from BBP and had to return it as it was significantly marked.
Best place is this forum.

If you care to PM me I have several quarter Brit proofs in boxes with numbered certs.
Let me know what BBP is asking and I will try to beat it making it worth your while.

I also have several boxed proof sovereigns, not looking to sell, but always interested in offers - PM me with your target price.

Archived