• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Custom Graphite Molds

Hey guys, I am planning a bit of fun/experiment with a new nft art collection I am making. I have never done it before but I like a challenge!

Buyers will have the chance to swap the nft for a custom 2oz silver round. (which I'll be selling individually here too)

So I am looking for someone who makes custom graphite molds, preferably from the UK and what price they are.

I found one person that quoted me about £250, but when I see premade molds available for £10-30. I am presuming the guy quoting 250 is trying to rip me off. Or am I wrong

Why not try and experiment with some clay casting and see how those come out before trying to get custom made up. 

Never Chase and Never Regret 

30 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Why not try and experiment with some clay casting and see how those come out before trying to get custom made up. 

It's a fair point, although it's more about the price of doing it. As it's about the art more than it is the casting of silver.

If having a custom made mold is too expensive, I have no point in doing it at all. 

You will probably have an easier time getting the design drawn in CAD, then using a 3D printer to produce a wax resin model. Then do lost wax cast's of them.

Hopefully i am set up to do this in the near future :) 

78av.gif

2 hours ago, ccfcpaul said:

Hey guys, I am planning a bit of fun/experiment with a new nft art collection I am making. I have never done it before but I like a challenge!

Buyers will have the chance to swap the nft for a custom 2oz silver round. (which I'll be selling individually here too)

So I am looking for someone who makes custom graphite molds, preferably from the UK and what price they are.

I found one person that quoted me about £250, but when I see premade molds available for £10-30. I am presuming the guy quoting 250 is trying to rip me off. Or am I wrong

2 hours ago, ccfcpaul said:

I’d be interested to see your NFT collection when it’s complete. What platform are you planning on minting them on?

31 minutes ago, 365DaysofSilver said:

I’d be interested to see your NFT collection when it’s complete. What platform are you planning on minting them on?

I'm trying to get some kind of promo from somewhere before listing as I have been out of the game for a year and my twitters gone dead because of it. So i've applied for a few. Gonna apply for more tomorrow. 

https://opensea.io/collection/2toneart/activity is my old collection. 

It's one of those thiings with twitter. go off the boil and you're done for!

This is a few of my latest pieces

45772650.jpg

technically I am followed by opensea but they pretty much turned their backs on 1/1 artsists after being accused of insider trading with their front page promos from a while back