• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Necklaces & pendants.

22 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

Lead or silver solder.

You’re hoping it’s lead as it’s a lot easier to work with than silver solder that’s far more tricky.

Youll already be aware of fumes 👍🏻

I've done my fair share of both! lol I was under the assumption that gold jewellery was soldered using gold solder with a slightly lower karat than the items being soldered.

22 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

I love fixing up old vintage analogue through hole audio gear, quite successful at it considering I taught myself through books and YouTube videos.

I've fixed nearly everything I've ever owned, from hundreds of mobile and smart phones (used to buy them cheap and fix up), capacitor replacements on TV's, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer etc etc. I must've saved/made a fortune over the years

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

1 minute ago, bobski said:

I've done my fair share of both! lol I was under the assumption that gold jewellery was soldered using gold solder with a slightly lower karat than the items being soldered.

I've fixed nearly everything I've ever owned, from hundreds of mobile and smart phones (used to buy them cheap and fix up), capacitor replacements on TV's, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer etc etc. I must've saved/made a fortune over the years

Sometimes gold solder is used but I’ve never attempted that.

I’ve recapped quite a few old receivers over the years, upgrading using boutique audio Nichicon caps, replacing speaker protection relays and transistors that haven’t stood the test of time and get leaky causing bad distortion.