• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What do you think about this pandas?

GavitSilver

The 2000 is either a super rarity, or a fake, due to the mirrored Temple side, I would need a closer picture to detect the giveaways for a fake on the Panda side, however it looks like it "may" have the BNOD (Black nose of death!) that the fakes carry when the high point of the plating rubs off. The mirrored 2000s are extremely valueble and have the best quality fakes of all years in my opinion, however a close up will reveal more.

2009 looks dodgy, the 5ozers are the only ones I would consider, the coins look handled and no capsules seriously affect value.. All depends on how much I guess, certainly not for the Panda collector, most look Ok though

1 hour ago, GavitSilver said:

Do you think that they are all good except the 2000, 2009 and the 5ozers?

I didnt say the5 ozers looked dodgy, they look good, as do most of the others from the poor quality pics, I agree totally with Bosse though, Pandas are primarily a collector coin, collectors wouldnt touch these, re por condition, purly bullion prices... except the 5 ozers.. UNLESS THE 2000 is genuine (which I doubt!)

Pandas should be omp or graded and almost certainly never just in trays. They are delicate collector coins not pure bullion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Numistacker said:

Pandas should be omp or graded and almost certainly never just in trays. They are delicate collector coins not pure bullion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an aside for anyone reading this, the 1 oz Pandas came with a plastic seal over the top of the plastic capsule, this was standard issue from 1989 until 2006 (20,000 of the mintage of 06 also had the Double seal) from then on the coins only came in a capsule, however since people removed them from the seals it doesnt mean that coins without the seal from these years are fake, far from it!

However rest assured any coins from 2007 onwards that have a Double seal are dubious. Most of the fakes coming out of China use a Double seal so that helps sorting out the later year fakes, have a look at the type of seal on these fakes and use it as a guide for the older fakes, the seal pattern they use has never been used by the China mint.

Hope this helps

Dave

They all look real to me too, but as others have said in pretty crappy condition. If you aren't getting it close to spot, you'd be on the losing side of the deal. If you tried to sell it. If you are collecting for your collection never to be resold, then these are ok. If you are collecting as an investor, don't bother. 

Archived