• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Keep a record for history ...

Lowlow

Keep a record of precious metals prices for actual metal and the spot price day by day for history, I promise if you are a precious metals investor over the long term you will want to have this information available to you in the future.  The only history of prices I kept in 2008/2009 when premiums went through the roof were the actual receipts for the few purchases I made, and I'd love to be able to look back on some kind of a record and see (or be able to calculate) how much of a premium there was on physical metal on the various coins, rounds, and bars I am interested in day by day as premiums settled.  I remember it took at least weeks for the price of physical to approach the spot price, and I would be using that information now to make decisions about when to make purchases with this newest hit to spot prices if I had that information available to me.  Do yourself a favor ... make some kind of record now.  If you like U.S. silver eagles, each day go record the spot price and then prices from a few of your favorite dealers  so that you can calculate how much they were charging over spot each day, because this is a rare period of time to be able to gather that information.

Archived