• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

RCM milkspots, any improvements.

Hookythestacker

I have not bought any RCM bullion for a while now, last time I checked on the coins I have with milkspots they looked pretty much the same as ever and the 2014 coins without had not developed any. Just lucky or are they getting better? I like the look of the 1 & 1/4 Bison, does anybody know if they are tarred with the same spotty RCM brush?

The RCM coins I have with spots were bought at a discount because of that fact, I don't think I have had any develop after purchase, bar one which I suspect had been cleaned prior to sale only for the spots to return later. I suppose if you are buying in bulk it would be harder to check em all.

Although primarily a stacker I like to pick up the odd coin that I like the look off and I quite like the look of the 1 1/4 bison, but not enough to put up with milkspots, if they are known to get them that is.

My RCM coins haven't got spots they have acne, the maples don't really bother me but some of the others such as the wildlife series do, I wont be buying any more which is a shame because I really like some of the designs.

Saying that I've read the Bison is the highest quality bullion coin they've made and is supposed to be more resistant to spotting, but I guess time will tell....

Archived