• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Eisenhower Coin Questions

CarterL

Hello, 

I have had 10 Eisenhower Coins that my grandfather gave me when I was young and I haven't thought much about them until now. I went to a Coin and Gold shop and the guy said they were pretty common and offered me 50 bucks for them. I declined. I also was looking online and saw a coin called the "Friendly Eagle" where it is a mistake on the eagles "Eyebrow". Wasn't sure if my coins have this but I provided some picture if anyone wants to take a look. Any info would be amazing on the history and value of these coins. Thanks!

kF6Er5laRzmzuTDv06oTXg.jpg

eQvUotPSTi+AkGpT6jzyRw.jpg

The ones you have are a nice collection of 40% silver dollars, but as far as I know they are pretty common.  At the current price of silver they'd be worth about $5.40 each, just for the silver content.

They are more modern versions of the US silver dollar, and are the same size as the old Peace silver dollars, and Morgan silver dollars. I think the US Mint still occasionally produces silver dollars but only as commemorative collector coins, which is what these Ikes are.

Archived