• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Bullion Prices

Scotty1511

When I am purchasing Proof or commemorative coins I usually purchase direct from Royal Mint Website, however when it comes to Bullion, the prices on the Royal Mint Bullion site are always higher than any other Website, this usually means I always end up at Apmex when purchasing Royal Mint Bullion. Just wondering what am I missing, why is it cheaper to purchase from America rather than from the direct supplier.

(international buyer so VAT is not included either way)

I imagine RMB have to allow their distributors to compete, if they were to undercut the distributors they wouldn't want to stock anything.

I prefer buying direct from RMB if the price difference is not too much. You receive very good customer service and peace of mind.

RMB are very good if your coin arrives with quality issues, they will pay for return postage and they will send you out a replacement with no issues, I have found most other online dealers will give you the standard response "it's bullion", which I don't agree with if you have paid a higher premium for a coin such as a queens beast. I have received them with multiple red spots and harsh dings in the past which RMB have replaced no quibbles.

RMB also provide rather nice screwtop capsules which can cost around £5 each to pickup on the secondary market. I have recently however noticed the capsules are no longer screwtop but still very good quality so there is the added benefit of that.

If you just throw your coins in a pile and like to swim in them like Scrooge McDuck just get them wherever is cheapest.

Archived