• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

MCM??? What's wrong with them?

mongo28

Anyone else notice the slow shipping and poor quality control issues with them?

They use to be my go to EBay dealer due to low prices and fast shipping. Now it takes 5+ days to ship my orders and my tracking doesn't update on eBay...

Their eBay feedback rating has taken a huge hit recently, 40+ negative feedbacks in the last month and all talk about super slow shipping, poor communication and lies...

Super sad and wondering if anyone has any inside knowledge of what's going on?

I gave up on them over a year ago as they said they would not ship to my part of the world anymore due to customs or some such thing, despite having done so previously. Totally dead company to me as far as I am concerned.

Something is wrong, either they have employee shortages or they have someone running the company that has no clue what they are doing... But of they continue people like myself will buy elsewhere... Saving a few $$ isn't worth a 1-2 week wait to receive your product.

I bought from them once, and they send me constant spam ever since.  They also "sell the sizzle not the steak", which is why I don't buy from them.  For example, take some ordinary Morgan dollars and create a story around it (Special "wild west" packaging or say they came from a special hoard or private collection ).  Unfortunately, I see other companies doing the same thing, so probably a lot of people overpaying for average stuff.

I recently saw that MCM and NGC got together for slabbing and pitching privately minted rounds! (when did NGC start doing this?)  Maybe I'm missing something, but this is exactly the type of stuff that is undermining the collector hobby imo.  But hey, its got a "limited mintage", so it must be worth every penny!  Link is from some spam I got:

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/more/medals-tokens/?filters[keywords]=roosevelt&page=1&objects_per_page=0&reset=1?&cat=630&sort=pricehl&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=teddy_roosevelt_rough_rider&utm_campaign=MME1133&ad=MME1133&bxid=3577022

Well they are the same company as "Gov Mint" and they have been doing pressure sales for years.. As for NGC, they are a "for profit" company as well and will do any label for anyone one including big paying customers like MCM. I can't make my own special label even though I'm an Elite Member of NGC as I don't send in 1000+ coins in at a time to grade.

I'm talking about the customer service side of things like filling orders fast and shipping within a reasonable time frame in today's "Amazon" world... For example I bought a 1/10oz Gold Eagle 10 days ago on eBay and I still haven't received a shipping notification. Up until Nov. Of 2017 they would ship all orders within 2 days, very fast actually. Now I only pick up MS70 or Bullion pieces from them, but it doesn't matter if I pay for a product that doesn't ship for 2 weeks..

Archived