• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Newbie saying hello !

GrahamHantsHog

Ow dear god :-( what did you have in mind ? lol

Well at the moment the deals on my website are

2 Coins + = 2% Discount.
5 Coins + = 3% Discount.
10 Coins + = 4% Discount.
20 Coins + = 5% Discount.
The above PICK & MIX percentage discount is automatically applied to the total items in your basket on the cart page.

basically if you buy any 2 items, example a coloured coin and a 2016 britannia your get the 2 coin discount so you can pick and mix any of the coins or 100 gram silver bars for the above mentioned discounts

Larger items so 250 gram to 1 kilogram bars are in a separate category but same applies 2 larger items get the discount automatically applied at the cart stage

If your paying by bank transfer and not paypal you can use the coupon code ( bankpayment ) in the coupon box for another 1.5% discount off your order. all one word lowercase without brackets then click apply

I routinely send out special  coupon codes in my newsletter but let me put my coffee drinking thinking cap on this evening and i'll think of a forum coupon discount code that you guys wont use to drive me to tears lol

Has anyone noticed finish quality differences on the same coins purchased from different dealers, i bought a 2015 philharmonic from BBP which is perfect all over and some of the same from STG which are fine on the faces but really not finished as well around the perimeter ? It looks a bit like the stamped shape is not as well finished, the BBP coin is mirror like in comparison.

i wonder if some dealers get coins from the mint that are less than perfect and buy them at a reduced rate to save paying the spot price and selling cheaper, just thinking out loud ?

I would hope this wont affect the coins value in future, if so then i will think about sending them back, if they only have future spot value then no problem.

Hi Graham 

I hope your well and welcome to the forum :-)

I think its more a case of how the mint presses the coins, over time the quality can change or even the first pressed batch can be slightly off like with the 2013 1.5 oz polar bears!

I've noticed batches where they clearly did not set the machines correctly and the outer rim of the coin slightly overlaps on one side.

then other factors like storage, packing and handling, the chemicals used, how airtight they were packed etc take an effect on the silver leading to scratches milk marks and discolouration.

I've seen some dealers advertise & sell coins as second grade but i think that's more to do with receiving dodgy batches from the mint itself. 

Sincerely Martin

I have been thinking about future buying strategy and at the moment have the following thoughts;

I would like to buy 5 coins per month, I really like having nice coins to collect and keep as well as the more disposable `lesser and cheaper` coins for long term spot price gains, I am aiming to have at least one of each type/brand/country etc starting from 2015, I would also like one of each of the 2015 and onwards `lunar/year of` etc coins as well, so will be looking to buy one `nice` coin and 4 `cheaper` coins per month. 

Does this sound a reasonable plan ? does it look like I have caught the silver bug :) ?

Thank you

Archived