• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ahead Of Schedule

Serendipity

I’m way ahead of my stacking strategy for this year. Atkinsons doesn’t seem to be supplying 1oz gold Somalian Elephants and Mexican Libertads anymore which is why I ordered them from Bleyer and CoinInvest. I was lucky to get them because they are difficult to access in the UK.

I’m left with only three 1oz world gold coins to get, the Canadian Maple Leaf, American Eagle and South African Krugerrand, which are easy to obtain in the UK. I might also get an optional fourth 1oz gold British Britannia to make up for the fact that I bought the Lion of England in preference to the Britannia. I wIll also be buying the two remaining 1/4oz gold Queen’s Beasts that come out this year.

I’ve been stacking gold and silver bullion coins since 2018. My basic stacking strategy back then was to collect ten of the world’s most popular 1/4oz and 1oz gold bullion coins with some forays into the 1/4oz gold Queen’s Beasts series, Lunars, sovereigns and semi-numismatic silver coins. Barring any unforeseen events or emergencies, my stacking strategy will come to fruition in 2020.

I was mostly stacking 1/4oz world gold coins back in 2018 and their 1oz equivalents in 2019. One of the 1oz gold coins, the gold Buffalo, doesn’t have an annual 1/4oz gold version so I replaced that with a fractional Lunar coin. My next stacking strategy when we approach the end of the year will probably involve sovereigns because I only have three of the Queen’s “special reverses” at the moment.

One of the major problems I’ve encountered is with red spots on my gold coins which is why I urge all coin collectors to regularly inspect their collection. Lots of scientific research has been carried out on the subject which I suspect has been sponsored by the major mints. Five of my gold coins developed red spots which I successfully treated with the bicarb aluminium method despite my reservations about coin cleaning.

B9C92B91-560F-4CE1-B429-66267803E5A1.jpeg

Archived