• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Queen’s Beasts 1/4oz gold bullion coins 10 coins full set

• vicamy changed the title to Queen’s Beasts 1/4oz gold bullion coins 10 coins full set
7 minutes ago, James32 said:

Thanks for the tag! unfortunately not got the funds to buy as a set so going down the individual route. Managed to buy 3 last night so now just accumulating some funds for the next ones! Appreciate the heads up tho! 

And GLWS @vicamy, beautiful set!

1 minute ago, WishIwasMidas said:

No completer with this set? 🤔

There wasn't a 1/4oz completer bud, too much detail for the size. But you can add the 1oz completer after the fact.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

7 minutes ago, WishIwasMidas said:

I see, James, I didnt know that.

I've already got a completer, but just thought there would've been one with this.  I get what you're saying about the detail, though.

It's a real nice set, but I'd have preferred to see a completer with it. 

Or you can just go for the 1oz set, that comes with completer… and a significantly higher price ;) 

Edited by Silverman2U

2 minutes ago, WishIwasMidas said:

I've already got a completer, but just thought there would've been one with this.  I get what you're saying about the detail, though.

None of the RM sets (all proofs, admittedly, IIRC) included a completer, so this rather nice compilation is in keeping with 'tradition' - which, in my opinion, is better anyway.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

1 minute ago, Silverman2U said:

Or you can just go for the 1oz set, that comes with completer… and a significantly higher price ;) 

Yeah, true. 🤣🤣

I just liked the idea of a smaller one. Sometimes I think coins look a bit better when they're smaller, but already got the 1oz completer.

I guess Royal Mint have their own reasons for keeping it seperate. 

3 minutes ago, Coverte said:

None of the RM sets (all proofs, admittedly, IIRC) included a completer, so this rather nice compilation is in keeping with 'tradition' - which, in my opinion, is better anyway.

👍🏻

14 minutes ago, Coverte said:

Although the so called completer is a nice coin, especially if you haven't got a full  set of 10 , IMHO it was just a scam by the RM to get a bit more cash out of collectors.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

We are talking about Royal Mint, whose releasing speed nowadays is like a bullet train😅. I would not hold my breath that they would not release a 1/4oz version of the Completer in the near future.🙈

In my opinion, the QB is one of best designs by Royal Mint. The time they spent and the speed they released are perfect for this series. They didn’t really rush it.

It took over 5 years to complete a set. And nowadays it is getting harder and harder to see all coins in the series, regardless bullion or proof, 1oz or 1/4oz, to show up on the market for sell. To compete a set it becomes more difficult. 

2 minutes ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

Will be coming into a good bit of cash shortly and have been considering gold for a time. This would be a brilliant starting point. Will have a think.

Thank you☺️. If you would like, just drop me a message, and we can have a chat ☺️

On 30/05/2023 at 17:49, WishIwasMidas said:

Well you cannot have what does not exist.☺️

On 30/05/2023 at 18:23, vicamy said:

We are talking about Royal Mint, whose releasing speed nowadays is like a bullet train😅. I would not hold my breath that they would not release a 1/4oz version of the Completer in the near future.🙈

In my opinion, the QB is one of best designs by Royal Mint. The time they spent and the speed they released are perfect for this series. They didn’t really rush it.

It took over 5 years to complete a set. And nowadays it is getting harder and harder to see all coins in the series, regardless bullion or proof, 1oz or 1/4oz, to show up on the market for sell. To compete a set it becomes more difficult. 

And I would not hold my breath that they will release one. QBs are now history. RM have now moved on and will be compiling a list of some other obscure coins they can churn out.

• 4 weeks later...