• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Melting Gold

4 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Difficult not to when a fella rolls up and basically says "Ok chaps, I know f all about melting gold using explosive chemicals but what the hell, I'm gonna buy a bunch mix it right up and hope for the best" 😁

Yeah, we all have to start somewhere though when learning a new skill

In all seriousness though@DadsPreciousMetals just be really careful buddy, lots of people have messed themselves up doing this. Don't do yourself an injury!

All the best, and I'd love to see what you manage to cast if you're going the custom design casting route.

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

3 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

In all seriousness though@DadsPreciousMetals just be really careful buddy, lots of people have messed themselves up doing this. Don't do yourself an injury!

All the best, and I'd love to see what you manage to cast if you're going the custom design casting route.

All the best @DadsPreciousMetals Don't blow up. 

1 hour ago, Upsidedown said:

I don't know if I were texan in a past life but that actually sounds like the life 😍

This is me. If I was in Texas I would have more guns than Desert Storm. I want to go hunting with a Phalanx CIWS, take out every bird within a 100-mile radius in one burst

A Barrett M107 50-cal and an Accuracy International AW50 are on my bucket list. Might leave them to the end though, just in case 😂

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

5 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

This 100%. I watched these videos on YouTube a while ago and I'm like, this is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Dude is poisoning everyone in his block and making the plumbing system toxic. Rental property of course 😂 I had a chuckle at one of the comments:

"This made me sad watching. The damage to everything and everyone around you as well as damaging yourself. Take up a healthier hobby like smoking, flatlining or re-using discarded needles"

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

6 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

This is me. If I was in Texas I would have more guns than Desert Storm. I want to go hunting with a Phalanx CIWS, take out every bird within a 100-mile radius in one burst

A Barrett M107 50-cal and an Accuracy International AW50 are on my bucket list. Might leave them to the end though, just in case 😂

Bro I'd just be happy with a ****ing hi-capa. You can't butter a slice of bread with a blunt knife in this country without raising eyebrows at the CPS

5 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

Deleted to not get banned to death.

1 minute ago, CazLikesCoins said:

It's such an obscure thread buried in the back of beyond no one'll hardly see it. So you're safe. Safer than melting gold with explosives anyway haha

Now I'm still gonna get banned 😅🤣

Just now, CazLikesCoins said:

I deleted my response to your response of getting banned. But it's gone now so you are safe. I think. Just don't stand near the OP.

Thanks 🤣

If OP starts a name my band thread, I'm definately going for "my chemical explosion"

11 hours ago, DadsPreciousMetals said:

Talked to a buddy of mine that does some refining and he said it's not worth it and extremely difficult. He gave me a number to a guy i could send it to though and just got a hold of some more gold at a good price so that's the route to go

Your eyebrows will thank you 

• 5 months later...
On 25/05/2023 at 09:18, stefffana said:

I would suggest you to start with oxidizing the base metals using cupellation.

And not copulation as I keep reading it, results of which may vary from those achieved by cupellating and not copulating. 😁

Edited by SidS