• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

POLL: Which 10oz & Kilo Coins do members actually collect?

Greetings all.  I'm curious to learn which of the larger coins are most popular with members. 

I've resisted the temptation to advertise the size of my stack on twitter / Wall Street Silver.

I trust this forum rather more. Amounts is not what I'm curious to know.  Just which you hold.

I was surprised to learn just how many mints make 1 Kilo coins, like the Kookaburra - since 1991.

I have all the Queens Beasts 10oz and Completer in 10oz & Kilo, plus a Britannia in 10oz & 1 Kilo.

If I do broaden my collection, the Perth Mint's Chinese Dragon Series would be next on my list.       

It’s still only a kg in weight though. Premiums for certain coins (completer😁, controversial) can be crazy. Not for me. Hang on…..I’ve got Geiger kg squares. They don’t count though.🤪

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

10 minutes ago, COBRASTACKER said:

I love kilo and 10oz coins 

I have 

kilo

britannias

kooks 

completer

gieger

10oz I have a whole load

i have done a YouTube video on my kilo and 10oz coins check COBRASTACKER on YouTube my friend

Let’s not tell porkie pies. You own the total weight of 50 elephants down the back of your sofa.😁 

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

I have one kilo coin - the QB Completer.  I love it, but I won't be buying any more kilo coins.

I have four 10 oz coins: 2018 Valiant, 2020 Royal Arms, 2021 Britannia and QB Completer.  Not looking to add any others currently, but would do so if the RM released something that piqued my interest. 

I also have a couple of 10 oz minted bars.  See photo below, posted elsewhere on the forum recently!

Currently not interested in 10 oz coins from other mints. 

PM Big Silver.JPG

I have a couple 10oz Queen's Beasts coins (Lion & Unicorn), a Valiant, and a couple of Kookaburra's. I do want to add a Completer to that list in 10oz or 1kg size. I do really like the bigger coins if you can get them at a decent price, sometimes the premiums are a little high though.

For me these items are collectables rather than easily tradeable.  The four 10 oz silver coins pictured above are probably the last bits of silver I would part with (or maybe the kilo...) 😃

They are just so nice to hold and enjoy!

None so far.  I do have a few minted 10oz bars, and will pick up a few more of those.

The only 10oz coin I'm after is a Kook from a specific year.  But I'm not willing to pay the premium currently being asked for them.

Don't have any Kilo coins and no interest in getting any, don't have the storage space. 

7 hours ago, MBTPSilver said:

I have a couple 10oz Queen's Beasts coins (Lion & Unicorn), a Valiant, and a couple of Kookaburra's. I do want to add a Completer to that list in 10oz or 1kg size. I do really like the bigger coins if you can get them at a decent price, sometimes the premiums are a little high though.

I'd have echoed that sentiment and struggling to justify the kilo to buy, but them adding £500 to the face value gave me a nudge (even though I can't foresee my local co-op taking one as currency)

6 hours ago, Rains said:

The Coins on here lately  have inflated  prices to the point of twice there value  in silver  so no there just not worth picking them up 

I here ya, but all things being relative, prices really haven't risen all that much considering what is coming down the tracks. My fascination is their beauty, and to be abloe to teach my daughter what real much is traditionally and will be in the future, for her to hold and realise the value of saving rather than spending.  Not technically being subject to CGT and doubtless not going to lose anything in value, just gives me comfort along the lines of wealth preservation, however I can easily see the 10oz breaking £1k values within 2 years as high inflation persists.  

7 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I here ya, but all things being relative, prices really haven't risen all that much considering what is coming down the tracks. My fascination is their beauty, and to be abloe to teach my daughter what real much is traditionally and will be in the future, for her to hold and realise the value of saving rather than spending.  Not technically being subject to CGT and doubtless not going to lose anything in value, just gives me comfort along the lines of wealth preservation, however I can easily see the 10oz breaking £1k values within 2 years as high inflation persists.  

Depends on the coins completers 1kg have gone up quite abit over 1k from what I've  seen and I hope your right about 10oz breaking 1k 

On 25/05/2023 at 03:25, Rains said:

Depends on the coins completers 1kg have gone up quite abit over 1k from what I've  seen and I hope your right about 10oz breaking 1k 

10oz breaking £1k is merely a matter of time.  Once our debt to GDP broke 80 or certainly 90%, there was no recovering our pound sterling. It is doomed as surely as is the dollar. The only question now is how soon.  Silver isn't rising in value, it's the pound that's falling as all those billions of covid chickens (wasted pounds) come home to roost in the form of inflation