• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello, I don't what else to say ..

I have joined this forum after it got recommended by Cobrastacker on Youtube. I watched his videos and decided this forum could be for me, to learn and to pass on the little knowledge I have. With the latter I'd like to start: I have survived on this planet more successfully than unsuccessful for 58 years, with plenty of harsh weathers. There were the hot summers of the 1970s where you couldn't run around in bare feet, because the tarmac was so hot, it would have burnt the soles of your feet and the winters, so cold that ice formed inside of the glass panes of the windows. Even inside the cars. I remember the hand break of my father's car being frozen and then the winter 1978/79 with tons of snow, we had seven metres of snow around our house. I survived that, yet nobody mentioned 'climate', oh no, that was mentioned once money could be made out of it. Give the chick/weather a different name and some folks can cash in, invent taxes ... for exhaling?.. or what else is the CO2 Tax? Anyway, I'm not an expert on climate, only as far as investments go, but because I have survived so many harsh weather fronts, I have become an expert in knowing when I get fooled, cheated and ripped off. 

One of the reasons why I started collecting again, but I don't just stack anything of everything. I stack what I can get for a reasonable price and I collect coins I like. My all-time favourite is the 'Silberadler', the old Deutsche Mark Coin with a face value of 5. The eagle looks a like a terrified chicken being plugged alive. 

And that's all I have to say, apart from: Thank you for letting me be here and: Don't let them take our cash away. 

Libelle  

7 hours ago, Libelle said:

My all-time favourite is the 'Silberadler', the old Deutsche Mark Coin with a face value of 5. The eagle looks a like a terrified chicken being plugged alive. 

Yes it does look rather like a chicken being plucked alive, doesn't it. I never considered that before now..😂   I got the one pictured below in my change one day many years ago when I was living in Germany and it was so unusual I kept it. It's the only one I ever came across in circulation so I must've just caught it as it was being withdrawn in favour of five mark notes.  Think I've got one of them somewhere too, must have a look...🤔

Welcome to the forum.

IMG_3143.jpeg

IMG_3144.jpeg

Edited by flyingveepixie

Hi Libelle, welcome to the forum, I too am a friend of cobrastacker,

I think I have a 5 mark coin that my grandfather took back from the war in 1916 when he was a gunner and didn't want to put his gas mask on because he wanted to see the Germans coming over the hill. He didn't know about mustard gas then as he was only 17 at the time, so he was blinded and got home from the war early and alive.

If I can find it I will photo it for you, I think it's an eagle on the back rather than a chicken though. All the best on our community here on TSF, great place to be.

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

Edited by silvergaga
add photo

• Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme