• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1 oz Silver Forum Bars (2023) - Officially Released!

UPDATE 19th May

2 more days for existing owners to claim and for putting your name on the waiting list!

We have had a really amazing take up of these bars this year. 

At this time we have only 59 out of 250 that are available (i.e. not taken up).

We currently have 81 people on the waiting list

So, we will have to draw a lottery for the chance to purchase these bars.

I will be emailing all waiting list people on Monday one way or the other, so watch out for a personal message!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Morning Silver Forum, please can you add my name to the waiting list for the Silver Forum Bars. Also, I'm very new to this gold/silver stuff. Where can I go to find info on how to get started buying a bar or coin a month as a monthly saving?

• Founder & Administrator
18 minutes ago, SALondoner said:

Where can I go to find info on how to get started buying a bar or coin a month as a monthly saving?

There are many topics on the forum if you do a search. Or feel free to start a topic with a specific question in the relevant section of the forum :) (if about both gold and silver then you likely would want to post in the general precious metals section of the forum) have a look around first as lots of information already on the forum. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

On 19/05/2023 at 08:58, BackyardBullion said:

UPDATE 19th May

At this time we have only 59 out of 250 that are available (i.e. not taken up).

We currently have 81 people on the waiting list

Wow! That is good news for the forum!
I (almost) feel guilty about having more than one.
For people who unfortunately don't get one, please don't lose hope, @BackyardBullion does an amazing job, and there are other "forum tokens" you might be able to get. And besides that, from time to time, some of these bars pop up in the trading section. And also, besides the high demand here, some folks might not respond to PMs, and you can get it even if you were unfortunate to be in the initial random selection.

It seems to me that this post got a good push when @Gruff, @shawy2510 and @Medus posted the pictures of their bars. I blame you for this success! 🤣

I tried to figure out what had happened in the past. Here is what I found:

2017, initial mintage programmed 50 --> updated to 150 / dynamic mintage --> and then to 200, I guess from the high demand (?):

Thank you to Mrs BYB!

2018, mintage 200, there seems that no draw was needed:

2019, mintage 200, there seems that no draw was needed:

2020, mintage 200, high demand and the need to randomised who gets it from the waiting list 😒

2021, mintage updated to 250! At first, there were more people on the waiting list than available bars, but some did not answer PMs, so it seems that in the end, everyone who wanted one was able to get it:

2022, mintage 250. Everyone who wanted one was able to get it:

2 hours ago, bean182 said:

Wow! That is good news for the forum!
I (almost) feel guilty about having more than one.
For people who unfortunately don't get one, please don't lose hope, @BackyardBullion does an amazing job, and there are other "forum tokens" you might be able to get. And besides that, from time to time, some of these bars pop up in the trading section. And also, besides the high demand here, some folks might not respond to PMs, and you can get it even if you were unfortunate to be in the initial random selection.

It seems to me that this post got a good push when @Gruff, @shawy2510 and @Medus posted the pictures of their bars. I blame you for this success! 🤣

I tried to figure out what had happened in the past. Here is what I found:

2017, initial mintage programmed 50 --> updated to 150 / dynamic mintage --> and then to 200, I guess from the high demand (?):

Thank you to Mrs BYB!

2018, mintage 200, there seems that no draw was needed:

2019, mintage 200, there seems that no draw was needed:

2020, mintage 200, high demand and the need to randomised who gets it from the waiting list 😒

2021, mintage updated to 250! At first, there were more people on the waiting list than available bars, but some did not answer PMs, so it seems that in the end, everyone who wanted one was able to get it:

2022, mintage 250. Everyone who wanted one was able to get it:

There is a BYB appreciation thread. There are several members on here that have well over 100oz of BYB custom gear. It's great. I love it. And the work BYB and Chris do are amazing! The longer I can support that the better. 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/