• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Save money on postage. Stamps for sale

I have a big stock of stamps now in.

Answers to FAQs:

All stamps I have for sale are:

- valid indefinitely

- do not need to be swapped out

- will not expire

- can be used for any Royal Mail posting service.

First class stamps with a value of £1.10 are my most popular sellers and mine are only 74p each - save 33% on your postage using these! (Lick and stick commemoratives)

Low value stamps with mixed values up to 40p are only 60% of face value. Buy £50 for only £30 and save 40% on your postage. You will get a selection of stamps but they will be sorted by denomination for ease of use.  (Lick and stick commemoratives)

2nd class barcoded stamps are the new versions with barcodes. Face value of 75p each but mine are for sale at 54p each, saving you 28%!

E stamps for the European letter rate have a face value of £2.20 but mine are £1.65 each, saving you 25%!  (Lick and stick commemoratives)

Specific value stamps as per your requirements at 62% of face value, saving 38%. I may have the values you need to make up common parcel sizes, e.g. if you send a lot of 1st class signed for letters, stick on 4x 2nd class stamps and add 10p to get £3.10. I will sell the 10p stamps for only 6.2p each.  (Lick and stick commemoratives)

Postage

Orders up to £20 will be posted 1st class for £1.

Any order up to £100 will be sent at £2 for 1st class signed for

Orders £100 to £500 will be sent Special Delivery for £5

Orders over £500 will be sent SD for free.

Edited by arphethean

41 minutes ago, arphethean said:

First class stamps with a value of £1.10 are my most popular sellers and mine are only 74p each - save 33% on your postage using these! (Lick and stick commemoratives)

200x first class stamps please

Low value stamps with mixed values up to 40p are only 60% of face value. Buy £50 for only £30 and save 40% on your postage. You will get a selection of stamps but they will be sorted by denomination for ease of use.  (Lick and stick commemoratives)

I'll take £50fv for £30

Specific value stamps as per your requirements at 62% of face value, saving 38%. I may have the values you need to make up common parcel sizes, e.g. if you send a lot of 1st class signed for letters, stick on 4x 2nd class stamps and add 10p to get £3.10. I will sell the 10p stamps for only 6.2p each.  (Lick and stick commemoratives)

Can you confirm my maths is right for these?

40x 20p stamps for £3.72 
10x 10p stamps for £0.62 
50x 5p stamps for £1.55

Edited by stackerp5

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

9 hours ago, stackerp5 said:

200x first class stamps please

I'll take £50fv for £30

Can you confirm my maths is right for these?

40x 20p stamps for £3.72 
10x 10p stamps for £0.62 
50x 5p stamps for £1.55

Thank you.

Almost - £3.72 for 30x. 40x.2x.62=£4.96.

Total would be £190.13 (rounded to £190) including SD.

Edited by arphethean

4 hours ago, arphethean said:

Thank you.

Almost - £3.72 for 30x. 40x.2x.62=£4.96.

Total would be £190.13 (rounded to £160) including SD.

Thanks for correcting :D 

I will organise some items to be posted and will message you an updated list after that's done :)

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

36 minutes ago, Divmad said:

I thought all non-bar coded UK stamps will cease to be valid at end of June this year.

No, that only applies to Machin portrait definitives like these:

100 x 2nd Class Standard Self Adhesive Stamp Sheet Royal Mail Post Office

It is a bit confusing and there is still a small amount of disagreement about exactly which stamps are getting invalidated but the stamps in the grey area are very niche. I can guarantee what I sell will be valid after July :)

Royal Mail have really made a headache for themselves with this scheme. The amount of confusion and misinformation is crazy.

Various media outlets try different terms to define the stamps that will no longer be valid

MoneySavingExpert uses "1st and 2nd class stamps" but there are commemorative 1st and 2nd that will still be valid so that's misleading.

Many places say "non-barcoded stamps" but that would include commemoratives as well.

Some use the term "traditional" but there are commemorative stamps going back to Queen Victoria which are no longer valid, and by all definitions commemorative stamps are just as "traditional" as definitive stamps.

Some use the term "everyday", but I use commemorative stamps "every day", and commemoratives are just as common as definitive so that is not a helpful or clarifying term.

This is a good guide to go by https://superlucky.me/which-stamps-are-still-ok-to-use/ . There is still confusion about the "country definitives" - that is small stamps with patterns and decorations relating to the four nations of UK and feature the small Gillick profile rather than the Machin profile. While these are "definitive" in name, they are commemorative in nature. Some state these WILL still be valid, the following site says they will NOT. Royal Mail have not been specific about this but have said they are valid for swapping out (which is not the same as saying they will be invalid for use as postage). Safer not to use these after July.

12 hours ago, arphethean said:

E stamps for the European letter rate have a face value of £2.20 but mine are £1.65 each, saving you 25%!  (Lick and stick commemoratives)

Quick question about these E Stamps.

Can they be used for postage of items within the UK, or do these work only for items being posted to/within Europe?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...