• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Newbie here with a question

Hello from Texas,

I am a new stacker (silver so far), and I was an idiot and dropped a silver APMEX round on my floor. The round has a small ding on the reed of the round. This is just a 1 oz round, would this affect its value at all? I’ve posted pics below.

thanks in advance for all the help, tons of good info here!

image.thumb.jpg.c8843ca731931cb9265db5cf7eaac975.jpg

• Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

21 minutes ago, BabaYaga22 said:

Hello from Texas,

I am a new stacker (silver so far), and I was an idiot and dropped a silver APMEX round on my floor. The round has a small ding on the reed of the round. This is just a 1 oz round, would this affect its value at all? I’ve posted pics below.

Yes it will unfortunately but not by much tbh.

Say that 4ound sold at an optimistic £27 today, then yours will sell at £23 most likely, still above spot considerably..

I did the exact same thing on my first oz of gold 😆 🤣 😂 my damage was surprisingly worse 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 hours ago, James32 said:

Yes it will unfortunately but not by much tbh.

Say that 4ound sold at an optimistic £27 today, then yours will sell at £23 most likely, still above spot considerably..

I did the exact same thing on my first oz of gold 😆 🤣 😂 my damage was surprisingly worse 😆 

thanks for the input! It’s just a silver Bullion round not some rare coin, or a gold coin 🤯.

3 hours ago, BabaYaga22 said:

Hello from Texas,

Hello @BabaYaga22 there was some very nice John Wick silver up for auction here a few weeks back. Always worth keeping an eye on the sales threads if that's your fancy. 

I'm in two minds about dinged coins. While I like old gold naturally aged, I'm really prissy about new items damaged so it depends if you view your coin as bullion or something more sentimental. You can aways flog it on here. They love silver on here they do. Love it. Probably not as much as gold tho nomnomnom

3 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Hello @BabaYaga22 there was some very nice John Wick silver up for auction here a few weeks back. Always worth keeping an eye on the sales threads if that's your fancy. 

I'm in two minds about dinged coins. While I like old gold naturally aged, I'm really prissy about new items damaged so it depends if you view your coin as bullion or something more sentimental. You can aways flog it on here. They love silver on here they do. Love it. Probably not as much as gold tho nomnomnom

Thanks and to me it’s just a silver round nothing more or less, no sentimental value. I am just worried about the round being worth less money with a small ding. I weighed it and it still weighs 1 Troy Oz. 

more pics belowA76DD20D-1989-4D1A-B5C0-CDE672B4C213.thumb.jpeg.05b8e300016d88bb81e064abbb9d45ec.jpeg

5B01CF61-AEF0-4B6B-B489-4CF7CD0AAE3B.thumb.jpeg.9e026d62db35e55ad822fa4f0dc03250.jpeg

10 minutes ago, BabaYaga22 said:

Thanks and to me it’s just a silver round nothing more or less, no sentimental value. I am just worried about the round being worth less money with a small ding. I weighed it and it still weighs 1 Troy Oz. 

You might find fussy bullion dealers knocking points and pennies off its value. Private too probably as there's so much choice around and people like perfection. Or an acceptable form of it. You could exchange it for a few dollars at your bullion dealer and have peace of mind in your hopequeduct once again. I would. Dings drive me batty :D 

Edited by CazLikesCoins

9 minutes ago, Gordy said:

at the end of the day it's just bullion, keep it long term as part of your stack, spot increases may mean you can get your money back plus a couple of dimes on top

That’s the plan, I will be holding for a very long time.