• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

29 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Has anyone made an Inverse Jim Cramer ETF yet? 🤔

yes launched thursday

https://www.crameretfs.com/sjim 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

38 minutes ago, Paul said:

He left here.

I heard he was in the huff after he couldn't get any cheap gold because of @James32 

If everyone who couldn't get cheap gold becasue of @James32 left, the forum would be  @James32 posting to himself.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

10 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Anyone in the UK concerned about the news ? 

Well, SVB is the second largest bank failure in US history:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/worst-lehman-banks-break-world-again

Meaning there is a concern about contagion, but Yellen is confident the banking system is resilient:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/contained-20-treasury-sec-yellen-says-banking-system-resilient

So, yes, we should be concerned!  Bloomberg TV are watching for developments over the weekend.

Can’t help but wonder how much this falls to crypto, that’s a tulip bubble that had to burst at some point.  All that wealth creation from a derivative, someone has to lose eventually 

32 minutes ago, Zeuk said:

Can’t help but wonder how much this falls to crypto, that’s a tulip bubble that had to burst at some point.  All that wealth creation from a derivative, someone has to lose eventually 

Crypto is not just wealth creation there are thousands of willing investors transferring / exchanging their hard earned fiat cash into crypto tokens.

I doubt the Crypto bubble will ever burst , for every thousand investors that loose everything there is another thousand ready to fill the void.

Crypto will in future evolve into a banking system that we all use.

16 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Crypto is not just wealth creation there are thousands of willing investors transferring / exchanging their hard earned fiat cash into crypto tokens.

I doubt the Crypto bubble will ever burst , for every thousand investors that loose everything there is another thousand ready to fill the void.

Crypto will in future evolve into a banking system that we all use.

What are they exchanging their money for though? 

A banking system run using cryptography and supported by gdp is very different to someone spinning up a coin and exchanging really money for vapor/compute effort 

I wouldn't have any cash in the bank right now. The banking system is global and has been for years, so everyone should be worried. Look at all the other smaller economies collapsing it only a matter of time before it hit the bigger economies.  I have gold and Cash. Nothing in the bank! Went out tonight cash machine allowed me to put card in but the cash withdrawal was greyed out. Never seen this before, if the machine is out of cash it goes out of service this machine wasn't. I might be wrong but you can always put cash back in to your account.

IMG_0336.jpeg

Edited by QuantumStacker

10 minutes ago, QuantumStacker said:

I wouldn't have any cash in the bank right now. The banking system is global and has been for years, so everyone should be worried. Look at all the other smaller economies collapsing it only a matter of time before it hit the bigger economies.  I have gold and Cash. Nothing in the bank! Went out tonight cash machine allowed me to put card in but the cash withdrawal was greyed out. Never seen this before, if the machine is out of cash it goes out of service this machine wasn't. I might be wrong but you can always put cash back in to your account.

IMG_0336.jpeg

Inclined to agree, keep some in for buying essentials ( metals lol) food etc, but take a lot out. Like you say,worst case scenario, it can go back in if nothing sinister transpires. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

They are converting it into digital money ( encrypted tokens or "coins" ). Those that can be stored on a decentralised and distributed online ledger using blockchain technology.

Yep for the most part I know how distributed ledgers and the tech behind works, used to build Dapps. Given how low the tech barriers to entry are now to create a coin it’s hard to understand where the actual value is. It could be undermined very easily either through perception or progression in technology. 

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use