• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Great Engravers - Petition Crown (Gazette Proclamation)

3 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I think there are some with the memorial 3 coin soverign set that may beg to differ

Oh gee, yes, I know what you mean.

The presentation is good in concept; the execution is unfortunately hit or miss. I’ve been stung on this a couple times. 🫤

7 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Like this, yes?

image.jpeg.25a5fe6f608952370ab0a40b2e6e6931.jpeg

Such stands were/are used with number of coins, e.g. 1/2oz Music Legends

IMG_20230319_141626.jpg

Edited by ak74

@Darr3nGthanks for the information.  I may cancel the 2 oz and hold just the 5 oz.  I’m very surprised this set didn’t match prior releases.

Do you other guys think I may be premature in abandoning the 2 oz?

1 hour ago, Sc391 said:

@Darr3nGthanks for the information.  I may cancel the 2 oz and hold just the 5 oz.  I’m very surprised this set didn’t match prior releases.

Do you other guys think I may be premature in abandoning the 2 oz?

Just because it hasn't sold out yet doesn't mean it will be worthless. Often the opposite happens because it seems to be mostly collectors buying it for their collection at the moment. Not only have many hobby dealers not bought, there will not be many collectors who have bought a second set to trade. Perhaps the Mint will also refrain from striking the full mintage. What should they going to do with hundreds of sets in stock? It is quite possible that in a few years there will be far fewer Petition Crown sets on the market than Gothic Crowns. But even then, it's no guarantee that it will be stable in value, or even more expensive. Maybe the prices of the whole series will come down a bit. That's why I only buy with money proof coins, which I would otherwise have spent on other nonsense.

The home page has been updated to advertise the silver coin (previously it was the gold). Seems rather telling… 🫠

Meanwhile, I have sent my feedback to  the RM that they need to read the market with such releases, that this was a bad time to release an expensive 2-coin set in silver or gold, given the cost of living situation this year, and the upcoming coronation. Who knows if they’ll read it or care, but I thought they ought to hear it from a customer.

11 minutes ago, NumismaticNI said:

PXL_20230323_160748848.jpg

PXL_20230323_160800508.jpg

Really pleased with the coins. Will give me something to study in details when have afew hours free. Pictures don't do nothing for the coins until you see them in person. Will try get the silvers added when next free. Good buy 👍

Hope the photos may be of help 

Edited by NumismaticNI
Spelling mistake