• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I bought this when I was 16 and in the 28 years I’ve had it must of had 10’s of thousands of 2p through it. I’ve always kept an eye out for different or non uk ones and amazingly I’ve only ever come across 6! Do you think the lack of foreign muck is because people just don’t cross borders with coppers in their pockets or because there are just so many 2p’s in circulation that they are just so diluted. Compare these to euros passed in place as pound coins which must have already happened twice this year to me.

61875C67-832D-48DF-90B3-DECA35516473.thumb.jpeg.2b0cc351bdcfe8d31b4cc2b3620660c7.jpeg

D66A787F-BB76-4F87-95C8-5A46E441EBD3.thumb.jpeg.37ff6355b5a6e9915dc44083b818cce1.jpeg

D19CEF0D-D7A5-45BA-ADE4-E9632AA4D70D.thumb.jpeg.c12370b17d92b4d95431de1138c7b09d.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I remember in the early 1990s that 'coppers' were frequently substituted by foreign/old coins.

Farthings, half pennies, Lincoln cents, Channel Island/Gibraltar pennies etc. Were fairly common occurrences.

These days they are much less common. I believe this is not because people don't cross borders with coppers, but simply the effect of inflation. Coppers don't buy what they used to.

Edited by SidS