• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

In my change today from Greggs

EB5FE04A-8183-40D8-AB8A-5052E0C4FA62.jpeg

F627D910-841D-4F37-9911-3CF6DCE1996D.jpeg

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

It's a 2022 Queen Elizabeth Memorial 50p with the King's first portrait on a definitive coin. I would quite like to get my paws on one, with 5m minted it shouldn't take long. Sometimes its touted as a 'dateless 50p' (which it isn't) by certain national/local newspapers - causing the gullible to list them on FeaBay/FB Meerkatplace for £100s/1000s.

I would quite like one in BU though if anyone's thinking of moving one on.

Edited by Kitalon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/01/2024 at 16:10, SidS said:

I've received my first Charles III coin in change yesterday. One of the 2023 50ps with the arch on the back.

That's the KCIII Coronation commemorative 50p. The arches are the entrance to Westminster Cathedral, where the King (and all our monarchs) are crowned. It's a beautiful coin I have it in BU, but not seen it in change yet.

Edited by Kitalon

I got a bag of the coronation ones from the post office, there’s IMG_9775.thumb.jpeg.eee458ea82e526e130f2366c276b96c9.jpega new 50p out “Atlantic  salmon” they’re starting to show up and there are rumours there’s only 400k of them, the Kew 2009 had a mintage of 210k and sell for funny money now so look out for the salmon ones and await the definite mintage in due course.

Bags of the salmon ones are selling for up to £250 on eBay purely on the mintage “rumour”

Edited by Sovhead
Typo

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/02/2024 at 12:24, Petra said:

mmm! Best get the sets broken out! 🤔😮

You can't get that particular coin from any sets, which is the reason why it's so sought after - the circulating coins are the only way you can get hold of a 2023-dated Atlantic salmon 50p that doesn't have a privy mark on it.