• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

7 hours ago, Roy said:

Exactly. It's a gift from God and He don't pay no dues.

In my opinion, it's not a good idea to leave your metals to your kids. 

So Roy has a few coins left after he dies. Roy is gone. His spirit being has had the Roy experience and has moved on to another. 
So what happens to Roy's coins?
If you don't leave a will the coins will go to your wife if you have one and to your children - that is the law in England. So if Roy doesn't want his coins to go to his children he will have to make a will giving them to someone else or something else like the Dog's Home.

Personally i will leave my coins to my children. Neither of them showed any interest in gold and silver, indeed they effectively rejected them in the past. Now they seem to have come to their senses and are collecting them themselves. That is great. If they are collecting themselves then they will be more likely to value the treasures i leave them.

If i don't leave the gold and silver to my children who am i going to leave it to? Their mother is gone. i might take up with a Lithuanian floozy and if she gave me enough fun in my later years perhaps she could have a few trinkets. If i knocked her up then my new addition would get something as well. 

i have to leave my treasures to someone or i have to make sure i spend the value whilst i am alive.

i think what you are really driving at is don't deny yourself pleasures whilst alive so you can pass on riches to the next generation. i agree but at the same time when you are dead that's it. When i am dead what is left will go to my blood in this world whether or not they need or deserve it.  

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Don’t tell anyone anything.  Leave your daughter and huge pile of sovs.  No IHT.  No one knows .. the joy of gold

as for her getting shot of them.. ..  you will be dead so won’t be worrying too much.   It’s up to her to ‘off load ‘ them in a tax sensible way.  
I really wouldn’t worry about leaving your kids a huge pile of loot .. there are worse problems to have 

Apart from legal tender in this country, sovs are God's money.

None of the jokers can press a button and 'cancel' them, nor can they dilute them by printing more.

If your daughter finds a box full of sovereigns under the floorboards of her new home, is she oblidged to ask permission from the taxman?

If you leave her a property, then the authorities get involved because they control the database of ownership.

Not so with (real) money.

Not so even with the toilet paper they print - if someone proves in court that the banknote with serial number xxx you have in your pocket in good faith was actually stolen in a bank heist, they cannot claim it back to the rightful owners, because it counts as 'money'.  Other assets would be eligible for reposession though. Not their currency.

My understanding is that the whole idea behind PMs is the absense of counterparty risk. Why make it anybody else's business? Voluntary slavery?

Is there a law against poor boatmanship?

Everybody knows the war is over / Everybody knows the good guys lost
                               Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use