• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Somailan Elephant

gazer

IMAG0597.jpgHi all just a discussion about a full set of Somalian elephants, I will be thinking in the near future of off loading them, they are one of my favorite coins and I'm finding it hard to see them go. But I did promise my children I was going to buy a static caravan, so will need the funds towards buying caravan. I am waiting for two coins to be delivered as I checked my set and found 2 of them with spots. I will put a few photos to upload but they will not be very good as useless at taking pictures. Do anyone els like these coins. ?

IMAG0609.jpg

IMAG0604.jpg

IMAG0596.jpg

moved to discussion area although the prefix cannot be removed.

I do like the Elephants but it is a real shame about milk spotting.  I have 2009 onwards and will continue to back date if and when they pop up at a reasonable price.

Yes I understand I had to buy from USA/ Italy/SPAIN/MALAYSIA?/GERMMANY/and of course here. I had the 2015 today and waiting for the 2011 probably tomorrow. Complete again.

Your right they are a nightmare to find, and the price when you do. Keep looking for the ones you want they are there, I will have a look again myself, that sometimes if half the fun, if I do come across them I will let you know.

Forgot to say the design, I enjoy the new design every year, and because they are made in GERMANY it's quirky and might? Make the coins slightly more harder to find the full set in the future. ?

• 3 years later...
Time to resurrect this discussion....

Are there any other Silver Elephant devotees on here?

Over the last ten or so years i have managed to complete a full collection of the Somalian 1oz Silver Elephants in BU condition. I decided to "extend" the collection by adding the five members of the forerunning Zambian Elephants but have to date only managed to get my hands on the 2002 and 2003 - albeit i have two of both these dates. Although the missing coins are available from dealers, I'm buggered if I'll pay the silly money (£90+) that they are asking - I believe half the fun of collecting is in the chase.
If any forum members have the 1999, 00 or 01 coins in BU and are willing to swap or sell at a realistic price, I would be interested in hearing from them. Similarly, if anybody here spots or knows of a suitable source then please give me a heads-up.

All Wars Are Central Bankers' Wars

It’s always worth resurrecting a past topic on the popular Somalian Elephant coins. I love the gold Somalian Elephant coins with their ever-changing designs. I own both a 1/4oz and 1oz gold version. I’ve never really been a fan of the silver versions I’m afraid.

17 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I love the coins but they tend to spot terribly :( As a result have started the 1/10 gold ones when I can get them reasonably 

I love a spotty Ellie.

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

Archived