• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen's Beasts (Gold & Silver) Photo Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2021 at 00:22, ZatStackz said:

Finally complete.  Wish I could fit the completer coin in the box as well.

NyRVPL6.jpg

Id fix the completer to the outside of the box 😜

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Three metal set = giant ball ache, glad I'm not a collector! Thanks TSF members for your help 🤗

IMG_6259.jpeg

IMG_6264.jpeg

IMG_6262.jpeg

IMG_6263.jpeg

You the man. 👏
That beats any copy of Razzle.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

2 minutes ago, NGMD said:

You the man. 👏
That beats any copy of Razzle.

Out of reactions 🤣

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple of QB coins
Here are a couple of Queen's Beasts coins that I've picked up here and there.  High resolution shots taken with axial lighting.

2016 Lion of England

image.thumb.jpeg.e6944f3347a80e187aba12dfb8d91500.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.26a3f3d41c4aa0e0ce22951cddec2555.jpeg

2018 Unicorn of Scotland

image.thumb.jpeg.43c736042e02440173604262d6ae1839.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8f8d9cc08aaa604e58aa06af463a729f.jpeg

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

7 hours ago, Silverlocks said:

Ein paar QB-Münzen
Hier sind ein paar Queen's Beasts-Münzen, die ich hier und da gesammelt habe. Hochauflösende Aufnahmen mit axialer Beleuchtung.

2016 Löwe von England

image.thumb.jpeg.e6944f3347a80e187aba12dfb8d91500.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.26a3f3d41c4aa0e0ce22951cddec2555.jpeg

2018 Einhorn von Schottland

image.thumb.jpeg.43c736042e02440173604262d6ae1839.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8f8d9cc08aaa604e58aa06af463a729f.jpeg

You have taken beautiful pictures, I am thrilled by your photographic talent. This is a very beautiful series. Greetings Maxe.

41 minutes ago, MaxeBaumann said:

You have taken beautiful pictures, I am thrilled by your photographic talent. This is a very beautiful series. Greetings Maxe.

Thank you.  If you like the photography, maybe you could try yourself.  Take a look at some of @Charliemouse's missives on the subject (I picked up most of what I know from him).  If you have the right type of phone, some have much better cameras than others (periscope cameras).  Most iPhones have good cameras, and some Android models do as well.  If you have a phone with a good camera, you could get the lights and tripods for a couple of hundred euros or so.

I ended up getting a camera, but it's not strictly necessary.  The camera on my phone (Samsung Note 10) wasn't all that good, but some of the results folks are getting with phones using periscope cameras are pretty good, to the point that they don't really need to get anything better.

If you do go down the route of getting a camera, there are various options.  I got a Sony A6400 because Sony cameras have good support for tethering (running the camera under control from a PC) but pretty much all cameras have macro lenses available that would be suitable for this sort of photography.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

• 1 month later...