• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Sigma Metalytics PM verifier

Just checking to see if anyone here is looking to sell one of these before I commit to it on eBay. All in, new via eBay is £855 on current FX and incl of import taxes so if anyone is looking to sell and can beat that then please feel free to send me a message. Thanks all

DD9DBF27-C75E-4700-9874-7A814F4D6ACD.jpeg

I too would love to find one of these, or the pro models, at a reasonable price in the UK.  I know Chards were working on stocking it, but haven't heard any progress for a while.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

There is a German outfit called GoldAnalytix that makes what appear to be similar gadgets.  Here's one on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354027617296

They also make ultrasound testers and density testers and seem to be a bit easier to obtain here in Blighty.

https://www.gold-analytix.com/

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

On 10/12/2022 at 13:17, Silverlocks said:

There is a German outfit called GoldAnalytix that makes what appear to be similar gadgets.  Here's one on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354027617296

They also make ultrasound testers and density testers and seem to be a bit easier to obtain here in Blighty.

https://www.gold-analytix.com/

Interesting.  

Their coin tester (GoldScreenSensor) only tests between 1/4 and 1oz though, which is disappointing.  The Sigma Original will do 1/10th to 10oz.

An ultrasound tester is definitely of interest as another data point.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

3 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Interesting.  

Their coin tester (GoldScreenSensor) only tests between 1/4 and 1oz though, which is disappointing.  The Sigma Original will do 1/10th to 10oz.

There are some other versions for bigger bars, but they're not really any cheaper than a Sigma.  OTOH, the vendor is rather closer to home.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

Just now, scotwasp said:

I think a few of us would look at this if @Chardsever decided to retail them at an affordable price - maybe someone could Tag Lawrence in? 😉

Chards has been trying to set themselves up as an agent for this, but I suspect that the price from the vendor might be the limiting factor.  Although there's not much in the way of detail, I'm getting the sense that this arrangement is still WIP and maybe has hit some speed bumps.

8 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Interesting.  

I also keep seeing XRF machines on AliExpress that are way, way cheaper than a Niton, but as I understand the tubes don't last all that long,[1] and I'd be concerned about being able to source parts for something like that by remote control from China.

Funnily enough, My mother was a geologist and a colleague of hers got a grant for an XRF machine back in the latter part of the 1980s.  It used to blow tubes on a semi regular basis at about 10 grand a pop, and it was next to impossible to get a grant for maintenance costs on the machine.  To read between the lines on various missives from Blackpool, it sounds like the modern ones aren't any better in that respect, except £15,000 instead of £150,000.

On 12/12/2022 at 13:25, Silverlocks said:

Chards has been trying to set themselves up as an agent for this, but I suspect that the price from the vendor might be the limiting factor.  Although there's not much in the way of detail, I'm getting the sense that this arrangement is still WIP and maybe has hit some speed bumps.

They appeared on the Chards website several weeks ago. I was surprised there was no big fanfare about it!

Currently out of stock, but you can see what the prices are at least:

https://www.chards.co.uk/sigma-metalytics-pmv-original/17806

https://www.chards.co.uk/sigma-metalytics-pmv-pro/17807

21 hours ago, Fadeingstar said:

I have been after one of these for a while. I am looking at buying one directly from American and importing it. If others are interested could try and get a group buy on the go might be able to get a better deal over all!

I would be interested to know the price. Thanks.

22 hours ago, Fadeingstar said:

I have been after one of these for a while. I am looking at buying one directly from American and importing it. If others are interested could try and get a group buy on the go might be able to get a better deal over all!

Im up for that especially if I could buy a few and sell them on. Idont really want to spend much more than £650 though. :)

On 12/12/2022 at 17:54, Fadeingstar said:

The guy I bought from in the States was an eBay business, with a factory direct concession agreement. 2 years ago a Sigma Pro cost $1400 plus tax charges which I can’t remember. The same guy is still operating an eBay business with that model selling for £1400 looking in now; my only hesitation in putting up his name, I had to wait a fair number of weeks before he shipped. It was during the back end of lockdown and he did say there was huge factory demand; however I reckon it took a couple of months, which was frustrating at the time.

I would look at buying directly from the manufactures. I have emailed them regarding shipping costs and any bulk pricing they might have. Stacktastic's aim of £650 I unfortunately think will not be achiveable if it was I would buy a whole tube of them with James32! I will let you know what they say if anything!

On 10/12/2022 at 10:22, JamesH said:

Just checking to see if anyone here is looking to sell one of these before I commit to it on eBay. All in, new via eBay is £855 on current FX and incl of import taxes so if anyone is looking to sell and can beat that then please feel free to send me a message. Thanks all

DD9DBF27-C75E-4700-9874-7A814F4D6ACD.jpeg

Ive been keeping an eye on this with the fx changes too, i wasnt particularly confident that i wouldnt get stung with more unknown fees when it arrives at our shores.  Are you sure that 855 includes vat and import as that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Unfortunately i cant pull the trigger until mid march when the bonus (hopefully) lands.

17 hours ago, Zeuk said:

Ive been keeping an eye on this with the fx changes too, i wasnt particularly confident that i wouldnt get stung with more unknown fees when it arrives at our shores.  Are you sure that 855 includes vat and import as that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Global shipping program includes import duties and international shipping.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

On 13/12/2022 at 15:36, paulmerton said:

They appeared on the Chards website several weeks ago. I was surprised there was no big fanfare about it!

Currently out of stock, but you can see what the prices are at least:

https://www.chards.co.uk/sigma-metalytics-pmv-original/17806

https://www.chards.co.uk/sigma-metalytics-pmv-pro/17807

Were they ever in stock? or was it just test the water and see the reaction.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived