• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Canada and the QE11/KC111 effigy

Although some of the earlier depictions of the Queen on RCM gold and silver were fine, later versions seem to have lost their likeness. Congratulations on being the first commonwealth country to officially recognise Charles III as monarch, although I am a little surprised. It will be interesting to see their Charles III versions!  However, commonwealth countries are in no rush to put the King on their own coins and banknotes by all accounts, and others may decide to limit ties with the British monarchy. The Queens reign is unlikely to be surpassed, and Charles must realise that he will have a relatively short tenure as King. I wish him the best of luck.

Anyway, here’s my Canadian gold on the $20 note (the only one she appears on I believe) similar to Australia where the $5 note is used for the Monarch.

9BA4B622-B3F1-4592-AFC1-E6C044BFAB3A.jpeg

Edited by Britannia47
Photo

17 hours ago, SidS said:

I have never liked the depiction of the Queen as shown on that 200 dollar coin. It looks nothing like her.

Completely agree, which it’s why I put it up. However the ‘Elk’ at 99999 is the purest gold coin I own…👌

Edited by Britannia47

Any Canadians on TSF please feel free to comment on this topic. Here’s a reminder of your last flag back in 1965; one of several versions of the Red Ensign. Note the 3 fleur-de-Lis symbols on the coat of arms, in other words the ‘French Connection’ At this point of changing to the Maple leaf flag I would have expected a change of relationship with the UK monarchy, but not so….

If anyone was going to get rid of the Union Jack, I thought it would have been Australia!  Anyway Canada well done for staying in the ‘club’ 

798ADC46-FB2E-42BC-B278-93B1CC62A376.jpeg

On 07/12/2022 at 08:39, Britannia47 said:

Any Canadians on TSF please feel free to comment on this topic. Here’s a reminder of your last flag back in 1965; one of several versions of the Red Ensign. Note the 3 fleur-de-Lis symbols on the coat of arms, in other words the ‘French Connection’ At this point of changing to the Maple leaf flag I would have expected a change of relationship with the UK monarchy, but not so….

If anyone was going to get rid of the Union Jack, I thought it would have been Australia!  Anyway Canada well done for staying in the ‘club’ 

798ADC46-FB2E-42BC-B278-93B1CC62A376.jpeg

As an American, I have to say the red ensign is a much better flag than the current Canadian flag. The red ensign is just beautiful.