• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Spot price tanked

So the gold spot price has tanked I’ve not seen it this low in years and dealers are still trying to flog sovereigns for £370 + £380 or they are magically “out of stock” 😂

you can get a 1/4 Britannia for £399 from tavex. Where’s my credit card! 

1 minute ago, SilverDrum said:

What do you mean by tanked and how many years? It fell % wise more last Wednesday, and was much cheaper for most of 2021.

Tanked as in went down 

I’ve been stacking since 2019 and haven’t seen 1/4 gold Brits go for £399 from a dealer. 

Here is the 10 year price chart for gold in GBP -

image.thumb.png.f30f68b4505cdb75bdf4ddd52720af9b.png

As we can see the price hasn't tanked, agreed it hasn't been this low since the middle of July 2022 but do not confuse spot price with the price of coins at dealers. i took a look at Goldsilver.be last night to see what was available - there is relatively little available for immediate delivery. i have heard and seen from several sources that premiums on silver coins in the US are as high as they have ever been and yet the spot price is falling. When stock is generally short you will not see retail prices reflect spot.

i almost think you are trying to big up the products of Tavex.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

As we can see the price hasn't tanked, agreed it hasn't been this low since the middle of July 2022 but do not confuse spot price with the price of coins at dealers. i took a look at Goldsilver.be last night to see what was available - there is relatively little available for immediate delivery. i have heard and seen from several sources that premiums on silver coins in the US are as high as they have ever been and yet the spot price is falling. When stock is generally short you will not see retail prices reflect spot.

Maybe worth looking at the price in dollars

16 minutes ago, Mcgrimes said:

Maybe worth looking at the price in dollars

The OP is buying in GBP, as the majority here do - looking at prices in dollars would be misleading for him.
Personally i mostly buy in USD but that is on the Kinesis exchange.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

11 hours ago, Apmex100 said:

I’ve not seen it this low in years

it was £1220 ish last March

Just now, Gordy said:

it was £1220 ish last March

meaning 2021 btw 😂

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

3 hours ago, sixgun said:

The OP is buying in GBP, as the majority here do - looking at prices in dollars would be misleading for him.
Personally i mostly buy in USD but that is on the Kinesis exchange.

Having some dollar holdings really changes the perspective on the GBP price movement of gold doesnt it!

21 hours ago, Apmex100 said:

So the gold spot price has tanked I’ve not seen it this low in years and dealers are still trying to flog sovereigns for £370 + £380 or they are magically “out of stock” 😂

No, it would be an exaggeration to say gold has "tanked":

Look at the graph here:

https://www.chards.co.uk/gold-price/ounce/gbp/year

or better still, here:

https://www.chards.co.uk/gold-price/ounce/gbp/3-year

Unless you are, for some strange reason, looking at the USD price, but even then, it is similar.

😎

Chards

16 hours ago, sixgun said:

I almost think you are trying to big up the products of Tavex.

what do you mean? 

7 hours ago, Apmex100 said:

I almost think you are trying to big up the products of Tavex.

what do you mean? 

Just that.
You started a thread to promote the 1/4 oz gold Britannia through Tavex.

This is your opening post. You say gold has tanked - which it hadn't and then post about buying a coin from Tavex. That was the intended theme of the thread. You could have posted on the thread dedicated to good deals in gold but you started a brand new thread.

On 29/10/2022 at 00:39, Apmex100 said:

Edited by sixgun

10 hours ago, sixgun said:

Just that.
You started a thread to promote the 1/4 oz gold Britannia through Tavex.

This is your opening post. You say gold has tanked - which it hadn't and then post about buying a coin from Tavex. That was the intended theme of the thread. You could have posted on the thread dedicated to good deals in gold but you started a brand new 

58 minutes ago, Apmex100 said:

I can’t be bothered arguing with you so you  win 🥇 

27BCF45F-3B68-4600-9937-302580571B2F.jpeg

image.thumb.png.f30f68b4505cdb75bdf4ddd52720af9b.jpg

i call it a draw and will leave it there. 

Edited by sixgun

Gold is down a little bit compared to the recent past but not in anyway significant in my opinion. 

Too many people - I'm not having a personal dig here at all - this is mostly aimed at tosspots who write tat on websites, people who may think they are "journalists" but aren't and like to over egg ups and downs.

I would consider the markets reaction to the World Trade Centre attack as "tanking". Or Black Wednesday. It's wibbled and wobbled a bit, especially when Truss and Kamikaze thought they could add up but couldn't. 

I see gold going down a bit, but I am furry, have big claws and live in a cave apparently. Roar!