• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Lizzie's Last Britannia

Pete

Probably the final silver Britannia depicting QE-II.
Dated 2023 will this be a regular bullion coin or perhaps more collectible in time ?
Not sure of the mintage and it will be interesting to know whether the RM will issue a 2023 depicting Charles.

Anyhow the usual RM quality - maybe better than the statistical average as only 1 coin in a tube was badly dinged in a couple of places.

image.thumb.jpeg.097958ce115704bd864607b9fed96c4f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5b5a53c1d3671f58a9f23937117c2e09.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Pete said:

Probably the final silver Britannia depicting QE-II.
Dated 2023 will this be a regular bullion coin or perhaps more collectible in time ?
Not sure of the mintage and it will be interesting to know whether the RM will issue a 2023 depicting Charles.

Anyhow the usual RM quality - maybe better than the statistical average as only 1 coin in a tube was badly dinged in a couple of places.

image.thumb.jpeg.097958ce115704bd864607b9fed96c4f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5b5a53c1d3671f58a9f23937117c2e09.jpeg

I remember it's mentioned the obverse will be KCIII after turn of the year, so wait n see.  Pairing 2023 Britannia with different obverse i think is a nice collection idea.

On 15/10/2022 at 12:33, asl said:

Where did you buy from? I ordered near a week ago from Atkinson's and they haven't even been dispatched yet. I paid premium as I thought I would get them quicker. Last time I'll be doing that. 

Me too, I ordered on the 6th, paid £31, they are now closer to £29, still hasn't even dispatched yet. Considering stock was supposedly coming on the 13th, I was hoping they would have dispatched on the Friday (14th)

I should have just waited 

19 hours ago, Solachesis said:

Me too, I ordered on the 6th, paid £31, they are now closer to £29, still hasn't even dispatched yet. Considering stock was supposedly coming on the 13th, I was hoping they would have dispatched on the Friday (14th)

I should have just waited 

I'm not confident I will be getting my order anytime soon. This morning, I received the following email from Atkinson's: "The response to the launch of the 2023 UK Britannia coins has been incredible, and as a result of this the volume of orders we are currently handling has increased hugely, therefore this has delayed the speed in which we can despatch orders." Last time I will be ordering from them.

21 minutes ago, asl said:

I'm not confident I will be getting my order anytime soon. This morning, I received the following email from Atkinson's: "The response to the launch of the 2023 UK Britannia coins has been incredible, and as a result of this the volume of orders we are currently handling has increased hugely, therefore this has delayed the speed in which we can despatch orders." Last time I will be ordering from them.

Balls. I bet it will finally come and be typical Royal Mint quality control too, absolutely battered, and probably milky also.

İf when it eventually comes, if it looks like a toddler has taken a bite out of it, it might be my last royal mint coin outside of sovereigns or gold coins 

Just now, Solachesis said:

Balls. I bet it will finally come and be typical Royal Mint quality control too, absolutely battered, and probably milky also.

İf when it eventually comes, if it looks like a toddler has taken a bite out of it, it might be my last royal mint coin outside of sovereigns or gold coins 

My last Atkinson's order looked like it had done a full 90 minutes at Old Trafford. I complained to Atkinson's and they didn't even reply.