• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 2017 SOTD Full Sovereign

brnlx639

Can someone here please help me with a selling price for this fab coin?

2017 struck on the day - the more unusual reeded edge - Rated R in Marsh if I'm reading it correctly.
https://www.ngccoin.uk/certlookup/6134889-005/69/

DESCRIPTION
GREAT BRITAIN: (1952-2022) Queen Elizabeth II 2017 Platinum Wedding Anniversary 'Struck of the Day' Proof Gold Sovereign. OBVERSE: features Jody Clarks portrait of the Queen facing right . REVERSE: Designed by Benedetto Pistrucci depicts St. George slaying the Dragon. Edge: Reeded. The Sovereigns limited to just 750 were struck on the day of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philips Platinum Wedding 20th November 2017
CONDITION
Graded by NGC MS69 DEEP PROOF-LIKE - POPULATION 7/ 16 GRADED HIGHER.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/platinum-wedding/platinum-wedding-anniversary-celebration-sovereign-struck-on-20th-november-2017/

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

1789634287_2017SOTDfront.thumb.jpg.4398c82c684996941179fd058517d411.jpg

1841612274_2017SOTDback.thumb.jpg.5d8f4e174ce1298b8d38a4656ac6c82c.jpg

Lovely coin! I think there's good potential for these for the future to do well - it's the only chance (with the George birthday - ?) to own a 'regular' reverse in either Proof or Prooflike on a 2017 Sov.

If there's no market price established for these yet and I had to sell I would guess that an auction would be the best route (?)

2 minutes ago, brnlx639 said:

Thank you for the information @Goldfever20. May I ask what information you based this on and what value you would put on it?

Most moderns with a 69 are not worth much If at all over RRP, in fact I find it easier to move a boxed and COA over a 69  there are some exceptions, SOTD have not been universally liked, I’m saying this as some who buys and collects them……….without a doubt they will be worth a fortune at some point in the future most probably not in our lifetimes possibly when Marsh 2105 comes out! 

All because the RM makes a low mintage coin doesn’t make it valuable over night, I would like to see SOTD sovereigns get more love than they have now.  

@brnlx639 it's worth more than bullion but not a huge premium like the proofs with the garter 

Basically it's a bullion 2017 which was struck on the day rather than the day after or day before which gives it a slight premium 

The 2017 proofs are expensive 

On 04/10/2022 at 10:12, GoldDiggerDave said:

Around £450 but that’s just me. 

This is a low mintage scarce coin. I'd say hold on to it for a few more years... it's one of those that could be "discovered" later by collectors.

Currently probably a £700 or so coin, it all depends on what someone is willing to pay for it.

2 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

This is a low mintage scarce coin. I'd say hold on to it for a few more years... it's one of those that could be "discovered" later by collectors.

Currently probably a £700 or so coin, it all depends on what someone is willing to pay for it.

I’ve got MS70DPL how much to you want to pay for them?  

Just now, GoldDiggerDave said:

I’ve got MS70DPL how much to you want to pay for them?  

Would have been nice, but I don't have the funds available for such a splurge, unfortunately. But I think I would like to make use if your grading services soon, though. I'll let you know closer to the time. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

It is down to how much someone would pay without doubt always subjective, I suppose it depends how much value is being placed on it being stuck on a wedding anniversary as the driver for the premium 

1 minute ago, brnlx639 said:

@GoldDiggerDave If you have any MS69DPL rated R in Marsh at £450 I'm a buyer. What have you got?

I’ve only got 70’s the 2017 SOTD has a lot going for it, especially for the completion-ist collector, it’s not the order of the garter, not a bullion with a privy………like I said before at some point they will be worth a fortune and some of the rarest sovereigns around it’s just a case of when. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived