• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Gold

lst65

So...having looked long and hard at the QEII coins today, and in fact having put two in the basket but not completing the transaction, I've decided to start collecting The Royal Tudor Beasts collection! It may make me feel better after the disappointment of today! 🤪 

Purchased the Lion of England and the Yale of Beaufort but I can't seem to find if there was an earlier coin in the series? I see the Seymour Panther on various sites in proof form but not BU form?

if anyone can advise please?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, lst65 said:

So...having looked long and hard at the QEII coins today, and in fact having put two in the basket but not completing the transaction, I've decided to start collecting The Royal Tudor Beasts collection! It may make me feel better after the disappointment of today! 🤪 

Purchased the Lion of England and the Yale of Beaufort but I can't seem to find if there was an earlier coin in the series? I see the Seymour Panther on various sites in proof form but not BU form?

if anyone can advise please?

Thank you.

As @westminstrel says, only 2 bullion released so far, the panther which was the first proof release, will be the very last bullion release 😆 its a royal mint thing, so try not to understand it lol.

Fun fact, we have 2 lions ( probably already expected this?) But did you know there's going to be 2 dragons? And there won't be a falcon or Griffin ( feathers are apparently so last year)

Thanks to @LawrenceChard for the following info.

Following on from the successful Queen’s Beasts range, the Royal Mint announced the release of The Tudor Beasts series. The Tudor Beasts, sometimes called the King's Beasts,  are the 10 heraldic statues that represent the ancestry of King Henry VIII and his third wife Jane Seymour. They comprise of:

• The Seymour Panther - (released 7/10/2021)
  • The Lion of England - (released 21/02/2022)
  • The Yale of Beaufort
  • The Greyhound of Richmond
  • The Tudor Dragon
  • The Seymour Unicorn
  • The Royal Dragon
  • The Queen's Lion
  • The Black Bull of Clarence
  • The Queen's Panther

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Fun fact, we have 2 lions ( probably already expected this?) But did you know there's going to be 2 dragons?

Also 2 panthers in the Tudor Beasts series. 🤓

And as a reminder… the Queen’s Beasts series also had 2 lions (the Lion of England and the White Lion of Mortimer).

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

Also 2 panthers in the Tudor Beasts series. 🤓

And as a reminder… the Queen’s Beasts series also had 2 lions (the Lion of England and the White Lion of Mortimer).

Yeah that's why I said, probably already expecting this, in reference to the lions. 

Although I missed the 2 panther part 😆 so a panther could be anytime they want really 🤔 

The 2 dragons are going to be interesting and possibilities are endless, I just hope they put a bit of effort into them. 

18 minutes ago, James32 said:

As @westminstrel says, only 2 bullion released so far, the panther which was the first proof release, will be the very last bullion release 😆 its a royal mint thing, so try not to understand it lol.

Fun fact, we have 2 lions ( probably already expected this?) But did you know there's going to be 2 dragons? And there won't be a falcon or Griffin ( feathers are apparently so last year)

Following on from the successful Queen’s Beasts range, the Royal Mint announced the release of The Tudor Beasts series. The Tudor Beasts, sometimes called the King's Beasts,  are the 10 heraldic statues that represent the ancestry of King Henry VIII and his third wife Jane Seymour. They comprise of:

• The Yale of Beaufort
  • The Tudor Dragon
  • The Seymour Unicorn
  • The Royal Dragon
  • The Queen's Lion
  • The Queen's Panther

Cheers James - appreciated as always. I shall keep my eyes peeled. Two a year I believe. 

2 minutes ago, lst65 said:

Cheers James - appreciated as always. I shall keep my eyes peeled. Two a year I believe. 

Yeah both the lion and yale will be highly fought for in years to come imho.

Lion because of first release, harder to get in a few years.

Yale because of queens effigy on a 2023 coin.

Just now, James32 said:

Yeah both the lion and yale will be highly fought for in years to come imho.

Lion because of first release, harder to get in a few years.

Yale because of queens effigy on a 2023 coin.

Agreed mate. Did a bit of research and had been sitting on my hands for a week or so. Waiting until todays RM release of the QEII coins but wasn’t impressed. I’ve never collected a ‘set’ so that’s the plan now. 😊

36 minutes ago, James32 said:

• The Yale of Beaufort
  • The Tudor Dragon
  • The Seymour Unicorn
  • The Royal Dragon
  • The Queen's Lion
  • The Queen's Panther

Thanks, but I would not have said "They comprise of...". I would either have said "They comprise..." or "They consist of..."

The info must have been provided by @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer.

But I'm happy we came in useful!

😎

Chards

4 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Thanks, but I would not have said "They comprise of...". I would either have said "They comprise..." or "They consist of..."

The info must have been provided by @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer.

But I'm happy we came in useful!

😎

Oh goodness!!! That is one of my pet peeves. I can’t even begin to comprehend how so many educated people and distinguished organisations use “comprise of”.

But that is at least forgivable.

A worse crime is saying “should / could / would of” instead of “should / could / would have”. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Edited by westminstrel

6 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Oh goodness!!! That is one of my pet peeves. I can’t even begin to comprehend how so many educated people and distinguished organisations use “comprise of”.

But that is at least forgivable.

A worse crime is saying “should / could / would of” instead of “should / could / would have”. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

What fo you think of Beverley Knight?

😎

Chards

Oops edit: replied to the wrong thread but I will give my 2 cents here:

Personally I was contemplating very hard on the gold proofs that were released but decided to buy a few Tudor 1oz instead. There is something not right about the look of these coins. The 5oz Proof was the ideal coin but alas I was too late.

Edited by MrStacker
replied to wrong thread

39 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

Oops edit: replied to the wrong thread but I will give my 2 cents here:

Personally I was contemplating very hard on the gold proofs that were released but decided to buy a few Tudor 1oz instead. There is something not right about the look of these coins. The 5oz Proof was the ideal coin but alas I was too late.

And i was looking for a thread about American 2 Cent coins, but while I am here:

I quite like the 50 pence design, which is directly copied from the 1953 and 1960 (five shilling) crowns.

While I was expecting to see some attraction in the other two designs, I don't think either of them have much aesthetic merit, particularly the double portrait one.

😎

Chards

On 03/10/2022 at 21:45, James32 said:

• The Yale of Beaufort
  • The Tudor Dragon
  • The Seymour Unicorn
  • The Royal Dragon
  • The Queen's Lion
  • The Queen's Panther

All seems a bit hit and miss to me, but then again we are talking RM. Why release the Seymour Panther in proof only now whereas Lion and Yale in bullion.?

14 minutes ago, Bogart said:

All seems a bit hit and miss to me, but then again we are talking RM. Why release the Seymour Panther in proof only now whereas Lion and Yale in bullion.?

As I understand it, the Panther will come in bullion at a later date. C’est la vie 😂

The interesting thing about the Seymour Panther coin is that the proofs will have QE II on their obverses while the bullion will have KC III.

At this point I don’t think any of this sort of stuff is going to be particularly rare or sought after or whatever.

There’s too much of mucking around with obverses and variations and exceptions to this, that, and the other for anyone to keep track of or care enough to pay a premium. 😵💫