• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint's Launch of 2022 King Charles III Coins - Memorial Range for Elizabeth II - Monday 3rd October - Stampede? - Queue?

Royal Mint's Launch of 2022 King Charles Coins - Memorial Range for Elizabeth II - Monday 3rd October - Stampede? - Queue?

I am sure that most if not all TSF members will be aware the ther Royal Mint has announced the launch of it new 2022 King Charles III coins, with a Memorial range for the late Queen Elizabeth II.

"Unveiling the First Official Effigy of King Charles III
on a Coinage Collection Honouring
Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II"

Launching 3 October 2022 at 9am (BST).

From the RM website and news reports, we know there will be a fifty pence, presumably in base metal and precious metals.

Without doubt, there will be a crown, also in a range of precious and base metals.

The third coin type shown on their "teaser" page must surely be a "prestige" range, as seems to have become standard practice for major commemorative issues. We can expect this will start at one or two ounce proof coins, and extend to 5 ounce, 10 ounce, kilo, and multi-kilo sizes, in precious metals, possibly also base metals in the smaller sizes.

The big question will be:

How big the queue?

And who is going to be bagging what?

😎

Chards

So ordinarily I'd join the queue at 8:30am, I would likely receive a queue number of 8000 minimum and end up with a 2oz proof that needs returning. To then find out that these coins are nothing but hype and badly designed 😅 honestly I'd rather stand in a queue for santa at the local bar😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Hi all,

I'm new to this - as in I've never been in a queue on the RM website before. RM say:

Between Monday, 3 October 2022 and Saturday, 31 December 2022, the following coins will not be subject to a Maximum Coin Mintage (MCM):

• Each edition of the UK £5 and 50p Proof and Brilliant Uncirculated coins
  • One ounce platinum, one ounce gold and one ounce silver Proof coins
  • Quarter-ounce gold Proof coin

In light of this, is there any point in queuing given that the mintage limits will only be set after everyone has had an opportunity to buy what they want? It's a genuine question as I'm green about the gills and may be missing something very obvious!

2 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

Currently 21,000 in the queue, I know I'll get in eventually and probably say "how much?!" Or "ehh, not worth it" and go back to bed.

I'm kind of interested in what amount of mintages there are for each. 

1 minute ago, timsk said:

Hi all,

I'm new to this - as in I've never been in a queue on the RM website before. RM say:

Between Monday, 3 October 2022 and Saturday, 31 December 2022, the following coins will not be subject to a Maximum Coin Mintage (MCM):

In light of this, is there any point in queuing given that the mintage limits will only be set after everyone has had an opportunity to buy what they want? It's a genuine question as I'm green about the gills and may be missing something very obvious!

Unlimited mintages for most of the smaller coins until 31st December - so no point rushing to get one. Unless you're after 5oz or 10oz Silver or Gold over 1 oz... Not despatching til late January 2023 either...

3 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

Currently 21,000 in the queue, I know I'll get in eventually and probably say "how much?!" Or "ehh, not worth it" and go back to bed.

I'm kind of interested in what amount of mintages there are for each. 

£2975 for the £ 5 GOLD PROOF!

I’m in…

2 minutes ago, timsk said:

Hi all,

Wish I knew this earlier haha, FOMO definitely kicked in.

4 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Unlimited mintages for most of the smaller coins until 31st December - so no point rushing to get one. Unless you're after 5oz or 10oz Silver or Gold over 1 oz... Not despatching til late January 2023 either...

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if I'm being super thick, but am I correct to infer from your post that there are coins being offered (not listed on the FAQ page) that are subject to a MCM? If so, what are they?

from what I could see - 5oz Silver & 10oz silver coins of the crown & £5?

Not entirely sure, as I closed the browser in disgust once I realised they were Milking us all for "unlimited" mintages... I'm done with RM - unless they do something sensible with the 2023 sovereign (which I seriously doubt now) then they've had the last money from me that they're going to have...

3 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

from what I could see - 5oz Silver & 10oz silver coins of the crown & £5?

Not entirely sure, as I closed the browser in disgust once I realised they were Milking us all for "unlimited" mintages... I'm done with RM - unless they do something sensible with the 2023 sovereign (which I seriously doubt now) then they've had the last money from me that they're going to have...

Prepare for the 2023 Corgi proof sovereign

17 minutes ago, timsk said:

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if I'm being super thick, but am I correct to infer from your post that there are coins being offered (not listed on the FAQ page) that are subject to a MCM? If so, what are they?

All the others!

😎

Chards

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Are you trying for the longest topic title @LawrenceChard? You could have squeezed thon Welsh railway station name in there somewhere also😄

Yes, it was rather a filibuster.

I could try, but Llantrisant is nowhere near Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch, unless that's where the queue starts. Would soemone mind spell-checking that for me?

At least my title "Royal Mint's Launch of 2022 King Charles Coins - Memorial Range for Elizabeth II - Monday 3rd October - Stampede? - Queue?" is a lot more meaningful than some, such as:

"hello"

"hi"

"PMs"

😎

Chards

26 minutes ago, timsk said:

Thanks for the reply.

See this post:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/68083-first-charles-iii-portrait-coins/?do=findComment&comment=733718

Yep 64540 in queue, gonna give it a miss for now. The only design I like is the 50p. I'd have gone for the 2oz silver proof but those portraits of the Queen are awful to me - don't even look like her. Now if they'd used the Gillick & Jody Clark....that would've been some coin.

As others have said, most of these coins are going to be available until end December

Screenshot_20221003-112137.png