• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Storage tubes for sovs

Stackem

1 minute ago, Stackem said:

Hi guys, what storage tubes work specifically to store full sovereigns that are stored in capsules? As I'm guessing the official RM tubes don't account for the coin capsules 

How many do you want in a tube?

🙂

Not my circus, not my monkeys

13 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

I've a few sovs and quarter Oz that go into tubes whilst in capsules. 33mm unbranded tubes (internal diameter) They were cheap from either eBay or Amazon. Fit 20 capsules

image.thumb.png.d58382e4a2e61e03bcc7117a8b4cacd2.png

I can't find them after a search, could you share a link to purchase please 😊

My mistake early on was to use a long pipe that held Sovs in Capsules.

Very convenient but the ones at the bottom cracked under the weight!

Now I use smaller sections of pipe - so they fit into the Safety Deposit box!

Edited by dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

My Sovs go into an Airtite T22 black ringed capsule and about 20 capsules per red top Airtite T tube. Hope that helps. Perfect height for standing in a large Metro bank deposit box. 

If slabbed buy a proper NGC or PCGS box, chinese plastic boxes on ebay haven't worked for me. Grooves were too thin for the slab.

Edited by harrygill111

2 minutes ago, Stackem said:

I can't find them after a search, could you share a link to purchase please 😊

I don't remember which site I used sorry. Don't have accounts with either. If it was eBay I'd have used guest checkout if it was Amazon I'd have got a friend to order.

Just searched and there are loads on eBay. Mine are 33mm but these on the listing are 30mm and providing that's accurate should be a better fit for the capsules I have with hindsight... but worth measuring your capsules.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354140445603

2 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

I don't remember which site I used sorry. Don't have accounts with either. If it was eBay I'd have used guest checkout if it was Amazon I'd have got a friend to order.

Just searched and there are loads on eBay. Mine are 33mm but these on the listing are 30mm and providing that's accurate should be a better fit for the capsules I have with hindsight... but worth measuring your capsules.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354140445603

Much appreciated, can I just say I think I might have to change my pants after looking at your stack

19 minutes ago, Petra said:

Use some kitchen products cardboard inner tubes … foil etc. what Britannias I have are in toilet roll inners. (Obviously end sealed!) 😁🤔

#shittybrits ?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, Stackem said:

Hi guys, what storage tubes work specifically to store full sovereigns that are stored in capsules? As I'm guessing the official RM tubes don't account for the coin capsules 

I don’t know where you are or how you will get them to wherever you are located but I use the ones from silberling.de for my sovs in capsules. 

Here’s a link: https://www.silberling.de/en/Accessories/Coin-Capsules-Tube-Extra-Small.html

P.S. They rattle a little in the tube but they are a close enough fit.EBB586A8-1983-4879-A377-A090F02F7A72.jpeg.256e5c2737fbf10c29092968e0b6313b.jpeg

I use T22 ringed airtites for sovereigns from Morezone here on the forum, then airtite T tubes which I get from a Facebook group I am in.  The capsules are 75p each and the tubes generally around £5-6 depending how many you order

If you wanted to keep them in direct fit tubes I have a few Royal Mint ones knocking about I could sell to you

3 minutes ago, Orpster said:

I use T22 ringed airtites for sovereigns from Morezone here on the forum, then airtite T tubes which I get from a Facebook group I am in.  The capsules are 75p each and the tubes generally around £5-6 depending how many you order

If you wanted to keep them in direct fit tubes I have a few Royal Mint ones knocking about I could sell to you

I'm sending a red top tube with his recent order that includes the airtite caps from more zone. He will be the coolest cat in the playground on Tuesday morning 😁

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on the type/size of the capsules an empty effervescent Vitamin C tube can work well and can easily fit 20+ sovs in capsules, probably up to 25.  They need to be the smaller external diameter type of capsules ... try the ones that are lipless and about 25mm external diameter.  Anyway, these tubes are cheap and widely available so easy to experiment with.

Edited by PhilOdgny

On 01/10/2022 at 18:26, modofantasma said:

Rented it all for the photo 

It’s a shame you had a boating accident just after this picture was taken.