• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Woodford Equity Fund Multi-Billion Pound Scandal

Perhaps some stackers on this forum invested a few years ago in a rock-star fund called the Woodford Equity Fund promoted by Hargreaves Lansdown as one of their best known pedigree fund managers since sliced bread. The fund was managed by Link under the watchful regulator the FCA. Safe as houses so what's there not to like ?

Well the fund rocketed to many billions in value then Woodford started gambling, broke the house rules and no-one intervened until the fund collapsed losing investors billions of their savings and pension pots ( estimated loss to investors circa £5 billion ! ).

If you are / were / or know of friends & family that have suffered as a result of Woodford, you may find it useful to join a new Facebook Group that was formally launched today - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2301972116617520

Group action is going to take place and two large law firms ( Leigh Day & Harcus Parker ) are building up a case ( no win no fee ) to seek compensation for investors.
This will rock to the core big parts of the UK Financial System, Link might be busted and maybe the Financial Conduct Authority could end up in the gutter for sleeping at the wheel.

A recent BBC Panorama screening of the Billion Pound Savings Scandal shows just how "bent" or "negligent" some parts of the financial system can be even when fully regulated.
Panorama discussed the Blackmore Bond scandal but Woodford is much much bigger.

I was using H&L platform at the time for my S&S ISA and SIPP.  

It didn’t sit right with me how much H&L were pushing this new fund so I stayed away from it, then it bombed.

After I moved all my portfolios to AJ Bell.

REMEMBER BIG PHARMA WANT YOU UNHEALTHY TO MAKE MONEY FROM YOU 

SAY NO TO THE VAX - YOU CANNOT UNVACCINATE 

QUESTION EVERYTHING -  NEVER TRUST GOVERMENTS

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use