• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed DPRK North Korea Silver coins 500 mintage

Pandao

Hi All 

I have some North Korea 1oz Silver coins for sale 

They all 500 mintage which is very low and with Official holders and they are proof Coins.  
I only have 2-3 each kind. Have a look :) 

£80/each +postage 

Thank you for looking.   

1-2018 Korea 1oz Silver Coin Kim's Journey for Learning, 95th Anni (2   1 left)

2-2018 Korea 1oz Silver coin 70th Anniv. April Conference (2 left)

3-2019 Korea Silver Coin 1oz Party Founding Museum 999 (Sold Out)

They are from official government mint    
No COA generally they don’t have COA 

Any other questions please ask   

FD1BD61D-561C-4EF0-AE1C-58D6334678F1.jpeg

250E29B9-A86E-46F9-873F-52988291D985.jpeg
More NK coins here.  
1- 2009 1/5 oz Silver coin 500 mintage -Leif Eriksson - £30 (2 available)

2- 2017 1oz silver coin 500 mintage -Gift Animals - Porcupine - £65

3- 2018 1oz Silver Coin 500 mintage - World endangered animals Orangutan  -£80 

4. 2001 1oz Silver Coin 509 mintage Koryo Celadon - £75 (red spot and milk spot on it)

5. 2019 1oz Silver Proceeding From Country Realities and Developing a Global Vision PF69 (Chinese grading company) 500 mintage - £90

6 2003 20g Silver coin 500 mintage Wild animals-Golden eagle - £40

7  2003 20g Silver coin 500 mintage Wild animals -pelican - £40

38EA6571-4D8D-4159-A2F1-8B0EB0D16852.jpeg

D780B3CD-07EB-4967-ACEB-3FB801C11DDD.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Stackem said:

I might be interested in one, could you tell me a little history about the coin? Interested to know how you came across them are they official government minted? Any COA with them being proof and low mint? 

Please check the answer on my post.  
Hope I answered your questions.    
I am a DPRK collector I have very good source from China.   

On 26/09/2022 at 17:59, Stackem said:

I might be interested in one, could you tell me a little history about the coin? Interested to know how you came across them are they official government minted? Any COA with them being proof and low mint? 

Hi, @Stackem.

North korean silver coins are very difficult to find, because their very limited mintage and because import/export from and to North Korea is almost non-existent, all the countries around the world excepting Russia and China being their "enemies".

Only very few of these coins have the chance to penetrate the blockage, mostly via China - Hong-Kong, because are very collectible for niche collectors. This is the reason are apparently expensive. Their real price is way higher than £80/each, because are not for sale too often. I could find only one silver 1oz  coin 20 Won for sale on Ebay, italian seller, asking over £150 for his coin, see https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KOREA-20-Won-Silver999-31-g-65th-Ann-Anti-US-aid-to-DPRK-Pyongyang-coin/385010843643?hash=item59a46f3ffb:g:cjoAAOSwtZVi0rXX&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAsNQ6da2azLH4fo6i4EhoAMfh00R8FOAG432XTl+LldP+9i92JD3Ccpj1uvecIYTAl8tgL34Bc8TM+AVPWDIzlRFC4SXNGXQrHstXOO6ljomKiIipfJM8CtQE4HVzLghSoU4Nd7+InX/uXbGdbMm/hZIJ09xTQ2M/Per7wF0LPF+yi45hPPv/vPu/7U1PoMayYBWKmeeMmQ4Kp9WCFPAvkl8DwWJu02G8jDGOgVPl+Vuq|tkp:Bk9SR8Dgz5nzYA&pageci=ad92e883-5286-4e99-ba46-91d66b6babb0&redirect=mobile.

500 mintage is indeed, very limited. For some of north korean coins, even Numista have not any informations. I could find only one of these coins, see https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces317186.html.

For comparition, a coin .925 silver, 28.28g, 2017 'A Life of Service' Prince Philip Silver £5 Crown issued by Royal Mint and sold out very quick for £150 have the limited mintage of 2.524 pieces. (five times more mintage, less purity silver).

I am not collecting north korean coins, but if you are interested about them, @Pandao is the correct person to ask for.

And yes, all the north korean silver coins are minted ONLY by governmental mint, all of them only in very limited mintage. These coins are in original slabs holders, these holders being their COA. The mintage of 500 is also written on the label, under the finesse 999.

See other similar coins:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces258731.html

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces258804.html

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces258774.html.

I hope this helps in your decision to buy or not.

Kindest regards,

Stefan.

14 hours ago, stefffana said:

Hi, @Stackem.

North korean silver coins are very difficult to find, because their very limited mintage and because import/export from and to North Korea is almost non-existent, all the countries around the world excepting Russia and China being their "enemies".

Only very few of these coins have the chance to penetrate the blockage, mostly via China - Hong-Kong, because are very collectible for niche collectors. This is the reason are apparently expensive. Their real price is way higher than £80/each, because are not for sale too often. I could find only one silver 1oz  coin 20 Won for sale on Ebay, italian seller, asking over £150 for his coin, see https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KOREA-20-Won-Silver999-31-g-65th-Ann-Anti-US-aid-to-DPRK-Pyongyang-coin/385010843643?hash=item59a46f3ffb:g:cjoAAOSwtZVi0rXX&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAsNQ6da2azLH4fo6i4EhoAMfh00R8FOAG432XTl+LldP+9i92JD3Ccpj1uvecIYTAl8tgL34Bc8TM+AVPWDIzlRFC4SXNGXQrHstXOO6ljomKiIipfJM8CtQE4HVzLghSoU4Nd7+InX/uXbGdbMm/hZIJ09xTQ2M/Per7wF0LPF+yi45hPPv/vPu/7U1PoMayYBWKmeeMmQ4Kp9WCFPAvkl8DwWJu02G8jDGOgVPl+Vuq|tkp:Bk9SR8Dgz5nzYA&pageci=ad92e883-5286-4e99-ba46-91d66b6babb0&redirect=mobile.

500 mintage is indeed, very limited. For some of north korean coins, even Numista have not any informations. I could find only one of these coins, see https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces317186.html.

For comparition, a coin .925 silver, 28.28g, 2017 'A Life of Service' Prince Philip Silver £5 Crown issued by Royal Mint and sold out very quick for £150 have the limited mintage of 2.524 pieces. (five times more mintage, less purity silver).

I am not collecting north korean coins, but if you are interested about them, @Pandao is the correct person to ask for.

And yes, all the north korean silver coins are minted ONLY by governmental mint, all of them only in very limited mintage. These coins are in original slabs holders, these holders being their COA. The mintage of 500 is also written on the label, under the finesse 999.

See other similar coins:

Kindest regards,

Stefan.

Hi @stefffana

Thank you so much for the information and support. I have a lot of buyers from the US but not many in the UK. I think the price will go up in the future because of the low mintage and the interesting history of the country (they may have revolution in the future). 

The most desirable onces are missile coins. I have sold quite a lot on eBay with very very high premium like 240 pounds each. 

I sell these coins with very reasonable price cos I got them from a very good and resourseful dealer. He has connection with the government officers in the embassy and mints.  

I could rather sell them more than sell them high.  There is guy in the US sells DPRK coins on tiktok and instagram called - PAWN.MAN and the pic shows his price. 399 usd each. This could give guys information of how cheap I sell these coins.  :) 

Thank you again @stefffana

Best wishes

Olivia 

32739512-743C-4DAD-BA7F-6D599AB4F3C7.png

22 hours ago, stefffana said:

Hi, @Stackem.

See other similar coins:

Kindest regards,

Stefan.

Thanks very much for you well informed post, though it does look like there is a COA on the pacman picture posted above? 

I purchased the one with the planet I think saturn on the picture of the coin and the building on the other side, what does this coin represent? 

18 minutes ago, Stackem said:

Thanks very much for you well informed post, though it does look like there is a COA on the pacman picture posted above? 

I purchased the one with the planet I think saturn on the picture of the coin and the building on the other side, what does this coin represent? 

Your coin is about Party Founding Museum (Pyongyang). Of course, Communist party, there are not another parties in North Korea. See picture from Wikimapia.org.

This building was the "offices of DPRK President Kim Il Sung from his return (the Triumphal Return) in 1945 to October 1949. The museum accounts the formation of the Korean government following the Imperial Japanese surrender in 1945 and President Kim's organizing of the Party system, including the Second and Third Enlarged Executive Committee Meetings of the Central Organizing Committee of the Communist Party of North Korea". Wikimapia.org.

Your coin was issued in 2019 (108 according to Juche calendar).

The Juche calendar is an alternative dating system used in North Korea where the years are based on the Juche era.

Unlike the Gregorian calendar which begins at year 1 according to the birth of Jesus Christ, the Juche calendar begins from 1912, the year of Kim Il Sung’s birth. Kim Il Sung is the founder and the Eternal President of North Korea.

Using the Juche calendar, 1912 is known as Juche 1 to North Koreans. The year 2019 is therefore known as Juche 108. 

The name of the Juche calendar is derived from the state ideology of ‘Juche’, loosely translated to ‘self-reliance’. This ideology was developed by Kim Il Sung himself.

Now, in 2022, in North Korea is 111.😁

About Saturn, I really don't know what does mean. Probably the birth of  Kim Il Sung was under the good luck of this planet, I can only guess the significance. Obviously, The Earth surrounded by korean communist flag is their desire of ..... Now, you can use your imagination...😁

Enjoy your coin, my friend!🤗

R (5).jpeg

4 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Your coin is about Party Founding Museum (Pyongyang). Of course, Communist party, there are not another parties in North Korea. See picture from Wikimapia.org.

This building was the "offices of DPRK President Kim Il Sung from his return (the Triumphal Return) in 1945 to October 1949. The museum accounts the formation of the Korean government following the Imperial Japanese surrender in 1945 and President Kim's organizing of the Party system, including the Second and Third Enlarged Executive Committee Meetings of the Central Organizing Committee of the Communist Party of North Korea". Wikimapia.org.

The Juche calendar is an alternative dating system used in North Korea where the years are based on the Juche era.

Unlike the Gregorian calendar which begins at year 1 according to the birth of Jesus Christ, the Juche calendar begins from 1912, the year of Kim Il Sung’s birth. Kim Il Sung is the founder and the Eternal President of North Korea.

Using the Juche calendar, 1912 is known as Juche 1 to North Koreans. The year 2019 is therefore known as Juche 108. 

The name of the Juche calendar is derived from the state ideology of ‘Juche’, loosely translated to ‘self-reliance’. This ideology was developed by Kim Il Sung himself.

About Saturn, I really don't know what does mean. Probably the birth of  Kim Il Sung was under the good luck of this planet, I can only guess the significance. Obviously, The Earth surrounded by korean communist flag is their desire of ..... Now, you can use your imagination...😁

R (5).jpeg

You know better than I do. I am sometimes still confused about their leaders' names.  😄

16 minutes ago, stefffana said:

R (5).jpeg

Wow how do you know so much are you from there? I really appreciate that

8 minutes ago, Pandao said:

You know better than I do. I am sometimes still confused about their leaders' names.  😄

There are only three in this presidential dynasty: (I will use capital letters to not read the second or LL instead IL😁).

KIM IL- SUNG (15 April 1912 – 8 July 1994), leader of the Korean Communist Party from 1966.

KIM JONG-IL (16 February 1941 – 17 December 2011), Supreme leader from 1994.

KIM JONG-UN ( 8 January 1982 - still alive), Supreme leader from 2011.

3 minutes ago, Pandao said:

@Cogload they do some copper lunar animals coins. I have a book with all the DPRK coins.    

Yes. Only brass and aluminium, not silver or gold.

Examples: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces327696.htmlhttps://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces26835.html

• 3 weeks later...

Archived