• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What's your latest stacking goal?

For Q3 this year, 60 oz of bullion silver in assorted coinages - last of this should arrive over the next few days.  Also got a bit of stuff over and above - bought a 10g gold bar, a few RM semi-numismatic coins and two sovereigns from here on TSF.

For Q4, a 1/4oz Tudor beasts lion and a couple of sovs, or maybe a 1oz gold Brit if I can stretch my budget to that.

For next year, mostly gold - aiming to accumulate at least another 100g plus maybe a bit of silver.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

1 hour ago, Silverlocks said:

For next year, mostly gold - aiming to accumulate at least another 100g plus maybe a bit of silver.

I just started about 6 months ago and I can now price in grams of gold: as in "I'm not buying that as I could get 4g for it". Nice to have variety in the stack Silverlocks.

Well the unofficial plan for either a sovereign or a quarter oz a month is taking a backseat until the “QE2 premiums” calm down a bit but I did blow next years goal of owning an 1oz Gold Britannia out of the water last month! 

So all in all, doing damn fine so far! 

I’m selling my 1oz gold Britannia and 1oz American buffalo coins in order to buy 1/4oz Britannias and full Sovereigns. Having so much money in one once coins don’t set well with me. The risks of it going wrong when selling privately is too much for me.

3 minutes ago, Apmex100 said:

I’m selling my 1oz gold Britannia and 1oz American buffalo coins in order to buy 1/4oz Britannias and full Sovereigns. Having so much money in one once coins don’t set well with me. The risks of it going wrong when selling privately is too much for me.

Conditions and price of buffalo? And as for going wrong, fully insured special delivery will keep you and hopefully me covered😅

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, Apmex100 said:

@Apmex100 If it’s a 2022 Gold Brit, let me know how much you’re after. Would gladly take it off your hands 👍🏼

Edited by JamesH

Get 10% of my retirement potfolio in metals by end of 2023, supposedly cost averaging - but i appear to be forward weighting a tad.

Gold soveriegns (1/2s and whole), i have a couple of old coin boxes for these and they're just calling to be full.

Gold brits and QBs once i clear smaller weights, then i'd like a bar but coins seem to make more sense.

Silver QBs, Scottsdale and Umacore, plus anything else that has appeal, chunky stuff feels good in the hand.

Learn about liquidity and what would be easy/hard to exit from.

I have 2 kids and keep feeling like i have to buy everything in pairs - somewhat annoying lol

5 hours ago, Zeuk said:

I have 2 kids and keep feeling like i have to buy everything in pairs - somewhat annoying lol

I have 3 and I always spend the same on them for birthdays and such. Yea, very much so, learn about liquidity, exit plan required.

My new goal is to exclusively stack gold!  Only modern full sovereigns + 1/4 Brits perhaps one a month when funds allow. If the price of them goes up and I feel like I don’t want to pay it then I will stick the allocated money into my saving account until the price comes down. 

23 hours ago, Zeuk said:

Get 10% of my retirement potfolio in metals by end of 2023, supposedly cost averaging - but i appear to be forward weighting a tad.

Well ... getting to 10% of metals seems alot easier this week ... sadly for all the wrong reasons 😆

3 minutes ago, artalien said:

No sure James, just bought another two empty tubes on the forum 30mm inner diameter, might pivot back to fractional gold.

Good idea, do silver then gold, back to silver and so on... although all that will go out the window when something pops up you just must have 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

9 minutes ago, James32 said:

when something pops up you just must have 😆 

How right you are Sir. So glad I found the forum. Currently drooling over those Canadian Dollars.

7 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:
11 minutes ago, James32 said:

I have no discipline! 

Me either ......

I keep accumulating silver that I never planned to buy. 

Thought I was putting a low offer on a 250g PAMP auction with room to sell on, ended up winning and keeping it because it's such a cool bar. 

Bought a few Brits for a competition, they weren't won so ended up keeping those. 

Wanted a single pocket piece, ended up with an extra 7oz of crowns and half crowns. Thinking about selling on (as originally intended) but I also like the idea of it being the start of a treasure chest. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be building the stack, but this is all after I decided I want to focus more on gold. 

So from now, I'm aiming for more sovereigns. 

www.fyldecoins.co.uk