• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Britannia Platinum 1/10 oz 2022 coin.

I have a question about Britannia Platinum 1/10 oz 2022 coin.

Did the Royal Mint make 2 designs in the same year 2022?

I found this design on Canada TD bank website:

image.png.1e81b2a4f3611ebbcf8fe98392c5427f.png

Link: https://preciousmetals.td.com/shop/en/tdmetals/platinums/p0494

But the photo from the Royal Mint is:

image.png.7e955ecb82f3f253d68513f0bbc56872.png

Link: https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/platinum-coins/britannia-2022-tenth-oz-platinum-bullion-twenty-five-coin-tube/

Is the TD bank making fake photo here or what is the full story here?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, SilverPlatinum said:

Link: https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/platinum-coins/britannia-2022-tenth-oz-platinum-bullion-twenty-five-coin-tube/

Thanks.

Have you tried asking TD Bank directly?

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, SilverPlatinum said:

Thanks.

Even though the security symbol was introduced in 2021 on the silver and gold Britannias, for some reason it was not used on the 2021 platinum Britannias.  I think it is likely that someone then did a mock up of the 2022 platinum Britannia (using the 2021 version) and were caught out when the security symbol was incorporated (or they may not have even noticed the change).

Though, I suppose it is possible there are two versions, in which case, the hunt is on!

PlatinumBritannia.jpg

8 hours ago, SilverPlatinum said:

The TD customer support staff do not know anything about coins.....

I sent them email and they never replied.

Being subtle does not work!  Maybe try:

"Further to my earlier email, I presume you are now fully aware you are showing what appears to be a fake coin on your website.  If this is what you are selling to the public, I will have to report this to the banking regulator."

1 hour ago, Zhorro said:

Being subtle does not work!  Maybe try:

"Further to my earlier email, I presume you are now fully aware you are showing what appears to be a fake coin on your website.  If this is what you are selling to the public, I will have to report this to the banking regulator."

Or, "Fine, I won't buy 500 of them then!"

22 hours ago, AR03 said:

Is one with plain edge and the other with milled edge? Both look very different, I'm not sure if they had bullion and proof version!?!

Good thinking - this may well be correct although I'm also unsure whether there are platinum proof versions with this same reverse design.  

6 hours ago, Stuntman said:

Good thinking - this may well be correct although I'm also unsure whether there are platinum proof versions with this same reverse design.  

If that was the case, then the 1 ounce 2022 version should have the same thing (Proof and Bullion).

Anyways, still no reply from TD bank nor The Royal Mint........

Edited by SilverPlatinum

16 hours ago, SilverPlatinum said:

If that was the case, then the 1 ounce 2022 version should have the same thing (Proof and Bullion).

Anyways, still no reply from TD bank nor The Royal Mint........

I imagine you will be waiting some time for a reply from the Royal Mint currently. They are never the most prompt at replying and what with the bank holiday and all. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

• 3 weeks later...

FYI: I received this email from TD bank after filing official complaint with the bank complaint department:

"I just wanted to give you an update on the Precious Metals photo situation you sent us. We did forward the information over to our Precious Metals team and at this point, they've removed the product from purchase while they work to obtain new photos. If they're unable to obtain new photos within the next few days, they said they would remove the product altogether from the website. We do thank you for taking the time to forward this information over to us.

I hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further concerns or banking needs and have yourself a fantastic week!"

3 hours ago, SilverPlatinum said:

If they're unable to obtain new photos within the next few days, they said they would remove the product altogether from the website.

The mind boggles, couldn't just take a snap with an iphone or download a photo off t'interweb.