• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coin grading sorting game on RM website - a bit of fun

Came across this a few minutes ago whilst browsing the RM website:

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/historic-coins/coin-grading/grading-sort/

A bit of fun.  It took me two attempts to 'beat the game' (it's not that hard, but you do need to read the question carefully each time) and on this attempt it took me 30 seconds.  I declined to leave my details on the High Score Table on the website as if it was an old Arcade Game machine from the 1980s...

Enjoy and see how much you can beat my 30 seconds by.

Someone's already done it in 9 seconds but probably not on the first time they played the game, I reckon.

56 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Came across this a few minutes ago whilst browsing the RM website:

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/historic-coins/coin-grading/grading-sort/

A bit of fun.  It took me two attempts to 'beat the game' (it's not that hard, but you do need to read the question carefully each time) and on this attempt it took me 30 seconds.  I declined to leave my details on the High Score Table on the website as if it was an old Arcade Game machine from the 1980s...

Enjoy and see how much you can beat my 30 seconds by.

Someone's already done it in 9 seconds but probably not on the first time they played the game, I reckon.

How much are the RM paying 😎you to promote their site? 

I reckon it is a ****-up:

616749845_Orderthecoins-FinetoUNCRM.thumb.jpg.2120e240bc1e56dbfdc2e4dfd9414768.jpg

Order the coins - Fine to UNC

But when you select them they say they are: 

VG VERY GOOD: Heavy wear flattens the design elements, although major features are clearly outlined.

VG VERY GOOD: Heavy wear flattens the design elements, although major features are clearly outlined.

MS MINT STATE (uncirculated): A coin that shows no wear or evidence of circulation.

None of them is Fine

Is this supposed to be a catch question?

Has anyone at the RM tested it.

Am I missing something?

And if you do order them, they will be overpriced, won't get shipped for weeks, then turn up with milk spots!

😎

Chards

26 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Horrendous grammar in the instructions! :D 

You're supposed to drag them into order, not click on them. Not particularly intuitive is it!

It is certainly not particularly intuitive.

It tried clicking on them first, then worked out that I might be supposed to drag them.

The fact that none of the 3 coins in the first level were "Fine", seems to indicate that the game is a complete fudge.

Was I surprised? Yes, by just how bad it was, and how badly implemented.

Somewhere I have a photo or scan of a "Historic Sovereign" sold by the Royal Mint. On its certificate it says "Struck to VF quality"!

😎

Chards

34 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Horrendous grammar in the instructions! :D 

I admit I scanned over those rather too quickly to notice, but:

COIN GRADING

Sort the coins in order of Grade

Race against the clock to drag/sort the coins into order (be carefull the order required is different for each level). Can you do it quick enough to get on the Highscore table. If your not sure what each coin is then Touch / Click the coin for more info.

Corrections:

COIN GRADING

Sort the coins into order of Grade

Race against the clock to drag/sort the coins into order (be careful the order required is different for each level). Can you do it quickly enough to get on the Highscore table. If your not sure what each coin is then Touch / Click the coin for more info.

Any more suggestions?

😎

Chards

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

I admit I scanned over those rather too quickly to notice, but:

COIN GRADING

Sort the coins in order of Grade

Race against the clock to drag/sort the coins into order (be carefull the order required is different for each level). Can you do it quick enough to get on the Highscore table. If your not sure what each coin is then Touch / Click the coin for more info.

Corrections:

COIN GRADING

Sort the coins into order of Grade

Race against the clock to drag/sort the coins into order (be careful the order required is different for each level). Can you do it quickly enough to get on the Highscore table. If your not sure what each coin is then Touch / Click the coin for more info.

Any more suggestions?

😎

You missed the "your"!

19 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

You missed the "your"!

75%!

😎

Thinking further:

"Order the coins - Fine to UNC"

Would be better stated as "Sort the coins into order - Fine to UNC".

As the wording stands it could be interpreted as "Place an order for the coins".

Perhaps someone should contact the RM saying "I tried to order them, but could not find the buy or add to basket button, can I order them by telephone?"

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards